Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Posts: n/a
Rudder for a 80 mastercraft

I was hoping that someone would know where to buy a new rudder for my 80 mastercraft. I know about Skidim, but it there another. Does anyone have one for sale or know if I can just change a bearing or seal. There is a lot of slop in the rudder when I grab it, side to side. It's also of course harder to turn. Can someone help????

Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Bellinghamster's Avatar
Bellinghamster Bellinghamster is offline
TT Enthusiast
Join Date: Apr 2008
Boat: 1978 Stars and Stripes, PCM 351 (60hrs)
Location: Northwest WA
Posts: 187
Take it apart and see what's gone wrong. If everything is good, just worn, I suspect you could find some plastic bushings/sleeve to take up the slop and keep using what you've got.

http://www.henrysmith.com/ has rudders, but not sure if any of them are the same as stock.

Last edited by Bellinghamster; 05-23-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 PM.