Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 05-24-2017, 12:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Bumming Pulls
Rode the bicycle down to Horse shoe today. Lots of stuff on the banks, but looked like the main channel was in pretty good condition. Will go give it a go this weekend with every other Leroy Jenkins.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:38 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 prostar 190
Back in town this weekend, put in at rocky branch and skied van hollow. Few things floating around but not many that were concerning. Lots of stuff washing back into the course after a few passes. Overall better conditions than expected. Great start to the weekend!
Old 02-08-2019, 01:20 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 SANTE 220
Anyone on here use Hickory Creek Marina? I’d love to get thoughts on the experience there with Mike (owner), water conditions etc especially in comparison with Prarie Creek.

I’m also interested in experience that anyone’s had on Loch Lomand.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2019, 04:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Loch Lomond is a Bella Vista lake and I am pretty sure your boat and the owner have to be permitted by the POA. I have no idea if there are many watersports going on or not, but historically I would consider Bella Vista lakes to be unfriendly towards such things.

Also, no idea on Mike @ Hickory, but the water south of Hickory is usually very quiet and you can find some nice areas to spend the day. That part of the lake does take in the White River, so it can be less clear than you are looking for after a hard rain. That is the nature of the White River lake system, closer to the dam is usually clearer and busier.

Last edited by Table Rocker; 02-11-2019 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling, damn it
Old 02-10-2019, 10:43 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Rocker View Post
Loch Lomond is a Bella Vista lake and I am pretty sure your boat and the owner have to be permitted by the POA. I have no idea if there are many watersports going on or not, but historically I would consider Bella Vista lakes to be unfriendly towards such things.

Also, no idea on Mike @ Hickory, but the water south of Hickory is usually very quiet and you can find some nice areas to spend the day. That part of the lake does take in the White River, so it can be less clear than you are looking for after a hard rain. That is the nature of the White River lake system, closer to the damn is usually clearer and busier.
New twist. Iím looking at a waterfront house on Lake Windsor in Bella Vista. Learned Loch Lomond isnít in Bentonville schools. Weíll see.

Thanks for the tips on the water clarity. As long as the bacteria levels arenít a problem, clarity isnít a big deal. Iíve had a few years to get used to TX lakes that look like cappuccino. Donít get me wrong, clear water is nice, itís an appealing element of this move back!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
New twist. Iím looking at a waterfront house on Lake Windsor in Bella Vista. Learned Loch Lomond isnít in Bentonville schools. Weíll see.

Thanks for the tips on the water clarity. As long as the bacteria levels arenít a problem, clarity isnít a big deal. Iíve had a few years to get used to TX lakes that look like cappuccino. Donít get me wrong, clear water is nice, itís an appealing element of this move back!
You are right, we can get pretty spoiled regarding water quality with the White River lakes. I have never heard of a bacteria/health problem even during bad times.

I would expect Windsor to be even more dirty looks than Loch Lomond, but I have no experience at either. Good luck with the move, NWA is a great place to live and raise kids.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2019 ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

You calling on Walmart these days Ryan???
Old 03-03-2019, 10:30 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
You calling on Walmart these days Ryan???
WM and all other retail in N America over retail strategy and innovation. A very cool job and a very exciting company.