Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2019, 10:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary X-Star Saltwater Series
Thanks for all the help, everyone. I have Ryan at SC Wake working up a quote for some SeaDek as pictured in my original post now. I'm thinking black on top with red underneath. He advised that black wouldn't get any hotter than any of the other colors. Thoughts?
Old 01-17-2019, 11:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 XT23, previous was 2004 XSTAR, first was a prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckguy View Post
My experiences with SeaDek are two fold:
They make it difficult to do business with. Case is point. They manufacture something cool and donít allow others to easily re-order. Iím spending all day with paper templates and so on. Itís not a good experience. The second is this. The stuff is NOT all that tough. It will scuff, tear and it shrinks in the sun and leaves a little ring of adhesive that looks ugly over time. If you do need to replaced it itís a MAJOR pain dealing with the adhesive, cleaning, prep and so on. I know itís trendy but I hate the stuff.
The first part of you post I couldn't have agreed with more. Their customer service is not good at all. Turn times are long and do not trust the templates they have online. I ordered one for my swim deck and was supposed to be an 04 Xstar not sure what I got but it wasn't even close. Blows my mind that they have sold to mastercraft for awhile and why can't they keep a file/template? Do they lose them? In today's day and age they should be able to have all of the templates.

Anyway If had to do it all over again and might be replacing my carpet in the XT23 soon, I will be dealing with Gatorstep or Aqua Marine.

2019 LONE STAR MASTERBASH!!!!
Old 01-17-2019, 11:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 280 SST, 2005, Twin 375 Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka View Post
The first part of you post I couldn't have agreed with more. Their customer service is not good at all. Turn times are long and do not trust the templates they have online. I ordered one for my swim deck and was supposed to be an 04 Xstar not sure what I got but it wasn't even close. Blows my mind that they have sold to mastercraft for awhile and why can't they keep a file/template? Do they lose them? In today's day and age they should be able to have all of the templates.

Anyway If had to do it all over again and might be replacing my carpet in the XT23 soon, I will be dealing with Gatorstep or Aqua Marine.
Yea I'm also not sure why we "the customers" keep having to send all these templates. They should probably invest in someone going out and just dedicated to making good templates and file them so they can just pull them up at anytime without needing customers to constantly send in templates (unless its custom pieces in odd spots). I think they are just trying to get free labor out of us. I feel like it would be such an easy job to go out and find boats that you can template from dealers and what not. Hell if they see this I'll gladly go out and make some templates on the side for a little extra cash in the summer
Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375
Old 01-18-2019, 12:55 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 X2
I've got a 2008 X2 with Gatorstep, one year in and it looks great. I personally went Gatorstep as they are local and they were AWESOME!
If you're a member of "MasterCraft Owners" on Facebook, check out their page. You get a 15% discount on your order and they'll have your template.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:45 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft xstar 2005 mcx 5.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterMC View Post
Thanks for all the help, everyone. I have Ryan at SC Wake working up a quote for some SeaDek as pictured in my original post now. I'm thinking black on top with red underneath. He advised that black wouldn't get any hotter than any of the other colors. Thoughts?
I have black Gatorstep in my xstar. It doesnít get hot and I love it. The only thing I can say about the black is it shows lint alittle bit but vaccumes right out. I can not speak highly enough of Gatorstep. Super nice and their turn around time is real quick. Most of the time within a week or so. I have seadek on my platform and itís ok but I personally like the Gatorstep better. It feels better to me and the seadek started delaminating between the layers after 2 years in one little spot which may be because itís on the pkatform IDK. But seadeks service does suck in my opinion but SC Wake I have heard is a great company to work with. So what ever that info is worth to you. I just ordered the little rear deck pieces that go beside the engine and compartment covers and it took Gatorstep less than a week and they were at my door.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary X-Star Saltwater Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackxstar View Post
I have black Gatorstep in my xstar. It doesnít get hot and I love it. The only thing I can say about the black is it shows lint alittle bit but vaccumes right out. I can not speak highly enough of Gatorstep. Super nice and their turn around time is real quick. Most of the time within a week or so. I have seadek on my platform and itís ok but I personally like the Gatorstep better. It feels better to me and the seadek started delaminating between the layers after 2 years in one little spot which may be because itís on the pkatform IDK. But seadeks service does suck in my opinion but SC Wake I have heard is a great company to work with. So what ever that info is worth to you. I just ordered the little rear deck pieces that go beside the engine and compartment covers and it took Gatorstep less than a week and they were at my door.
Thanks for the info. Do you have any pictures you can post?