Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Parts & Accessories

Old 02-02-2019, 07:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 280 SST, 2005, Twin 375 Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydyvyr View Post
I’ve emailed the pictures to you as uploading from my iPad to the website is not working well for some reason.
Got them thanks. Resolution is plenty high enough, I jsut wanted to get an idea of what throttle body you have and the connector is a 6 pin. I see how that wiring harness goes through, I'm thinking my idea will work perfectly but I'll need to run a couple of redundant systems with it to ensure operation even if the Steadypass unit fails. Pics help a lot.

Don't want to strand someone on the water without an easy way to go back to stock throttle control. If the system fails I want a safe disable while running and I want it to know which part of the system failed and automatically return normal control if able. Also as a user I would want a one step way to switch back to standard control of the throttle to bypass the system completely should there be a catastrophic failure of the system beyond the ability to automatically give standard control back to the driver.

It will have to involve multiple programmed switch points and a simple mechanical switch most likely. Maybe even make it integrate with the dash if wanted. Include a self-test at startup. probably find like 3 billion bugs in the code and spend way to much of my free time buried in my computer monitor. owell....thats the life of a programmer I guess.....
Attached Images

Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375
Old 02-04-2019, 01:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Already posted a new thread for this here ( https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=99993 )

Basically I'm looking for a throttle by wire Electronic throttle, let me now if you have one for donation or that you might sell for cheap. Going to be using it as a test subject for the TBW engineering for the system. either PM or message using the correct thread above if you have one.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:05 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X-1
Are you looking at intercepting the signal at the TPS, or at the ThrottleBody?

—Sky
Old 02-04-2019, 11:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Initial thought was intercept right outta the gate at the first connector change. But i need some parts to get testing signals and a point to intercept at. I'll take any donations that belong to the throttle/drive by wire family.

Last edited by CrashCourse316; 02-05-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

What I mainly would like to get my hands on is a throttle control similar to the picture where I can tap into the signal from the throttle at the connector point. Unless someone here would like to volunteer their time to pull sample readings for me. The main thing I need to know is what type of signal is coming off the throttle control. is it just PWM, voltage, or ohm reading, that is what I'm not sure of. Once I have a range of what the reading is I'm sure I can create something similar on hand for local testing.

I would assume all boats are using a standardized signal coming from the throttle control. Maybe I don't even need a sample if someone can tell me what it is or where to find some documentation.

EDIT: I have read that its a potentiometer or "hall effect" type magnetic device...forget what it's called. but it is just a voltage reference against v5 fairly easy to setup if anyone can confirm for me

Last edited by CrashCourse316; 02-05-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

I have gotten a little feedback from a few owners that have TBW. It looks like the solution I have planned will work. There will be several variables in it but I am going to be beginning work on programming soon. I have found that the sensor installed in a few boats is part# 9862 of the series linked below. If anyone else is willing to figure out what sensor is installed on their boat and could send the part number my way with what boat you have I would appreciate it. I unfortunately do not have a ton of time to be researching all day so any help is greatly appreciated.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...7Yh41JWw%3D%3D

Side Note: The next batch of parts (enough for 10 kits) has been ordered. They are being assembled and should be able to make it out (hopefully) before the beginning of the season.

Tags
speedcontrol, steadypass