Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 12-04-2018, 12:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 Mastercraft TriStar 220
Tower speaker pod lights

Was wondering if anyone has experience with this or if I may be wasting my time. I have 2 sets of dual speaker pods on my tower, and in the bottom of both there are holes. I am not sure what they are for even, but was going to plug them with just some regular old plastic plugs similar to what vehicles have. Then the boater thinking got the best of me, and I think I can fit some lights on them.

My thought is putting some round LED lights on the bottom of each pod, and adding a push button switch on each pod as well instead of having to worry about running wires all through the tower? Anyone ever done this or think it may work? Could I wire the switch to the speaker wires for the power?
Old 12-04-2018, 01:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: pontoon
Quote:
and adding a push button switch on each pod as well instead of having to worry about running wires all through the tower?
Switch at the light or switch on the helm, the lights need a B+ and B-. If thats not already fished through the tower, you would have to resolve this.

Could you wire into the 260 anchor? Sure, but now the lights will only work if the 360 is switched on. Just a thought. I prefer to leave nav and anchor lights alone and not pair with other non-essential/safety lights.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 Mastercraft TriStar 220
I was thinking of putting a switch on the actual speaker pod instead of running wire to the dash. Be nice to be able to just reach up and turn 1 on and not the other. Oh well!