Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 04-15-2018, 09:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X20 6000
adding X20 ballast

I'm sure this is kinda covered somewhere on forum but:

Talking to service manager about adding additional ballast to new X20. He can put in two 700s which he said has worked well. Also told me 900's would fit but he can't put them in because they would take me over max load.

I'm leaning towards putting in 900's myself. Assume I just need to attach overflow from tank to bottom of bag and top of bag to overflow out of boat, right? This would be just like X23 setup wouldn't it? Is it complicated to reset timers? If it something my dealer needs to do I would just stick with 700's. I know I read somewhere on forum that it is easy to adjust on newer boats.

Man... adjusting timers is right in owners manual. Stupid question!

Pic of 6000 with room to upgrade ballast.
Attached Images

Last edited by wallos; 04-28-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:13 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Soon MC 2018...
RE: adding X20 ballast

Hello Wallos,

did you finnaly opt for the 700 or the 900? Wich make/model have you taken? I add sometimes during the summer on port side 2x 350 (one on rear locker and the other one below the port central seat ) and wave was very good, even with only wife and kid in the boat. I personnaly dont need weight more on starboard side. I plan to add new ballast for next season but dont know what suit well the remaining space for optimal size on the market or if its better to buy customerised one for each locker...

Let me know how you finnalised your setup and how was the season with new ballast.

If there is other X20 owner that already add some ballast to their boat and want to share tips feel free to give your point of view on this

Thanks
Yves
Quebec, Canada
Old 01-23-2019, 06:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X20 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf2surf View Post
Hello Wallos,

did you finnaly opt for the 700 or the 900? Wich make/model have you taken? I add sometimes during the summer on port side 2x 350 (one on rear locker and the other one below the port central seat ) and wave was very good, even with only wife and kid in the boat. I personnaly dont need weight more on starboard side. I plan to add new ballast for next season but dont know what suit well the remaining space for optimal size on the market or if its better to buy customerised one for each locker...

Let me know how you finnalised your setup and how was the season with new ballast.

If there is other X20 owner that already add some ballast to their boat and want to share tips feel free to give your point of view on this

Thanks
Yves
Quebec, Canada
Sorry about the late response! More focussed on snowboarding powder this time of year. Haven't been on forum.

I ended up going with 490's in rear. They can completely fill but don't see where there is room for more with the way compartments are shaped. X20 doesn't need a ton of extra weight but can really see a difference especially when using extra weight to list boat. I have a detailed review with videos in surf post section (page or 2 back). I'll check back to see if you have questions.