Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2016, 06:05 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
I'd like to see a close up while in the water. I like my Navionics on my ipad and it was $50.00 for everything. $10.00 for my iphone.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:00 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 XT23, 6000 GDI
Maps

Sorry for any confusion. The USB includes the maps of the "US". This is exactly the same thing you would get if you ordered it from your MC dealer. I'm not an expert on the software by any means. Please read your owners manual. It will operate exactly as indicated. I have a 2017 MC XT23... I didn't want to pay $700+ so I figured out how to get the OEM USB maps software for much less. I plugged it in to the USB dongle and it works. No license info is required when you insert the OEM USB. It simply works. I have included a partially zoomed screenshot. (the very dark line is my track.) I didn't capture pictures with it fully zoomed. However, it does show lake depth and contours. You can input waypoints and hide or show "tracks". It is great for boating at night. Simply follow the exact tracks back and you should be good to go. My boat is at Lake Gaston, NC and I am currently at home in Yorktown, VA. I will be back at the lake this weekend and can provide any additional info that requires me to run the software later. No big deal. I'm happy to offer the solution to anyone who wants it for $200 (includes ground shipping). I'm just trying to help my fellow MC owners who may want to use the GPS software and recoup my investment in the effort. That's all there is too it. Dan
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2017, 05:15 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2015 mastercraft x23 surf edition 7.4
gps usb add

Dan, I have sent pm to purchase the upgrade..I am willing to pay your 200.00 asking price, to "help out your fellow mc owners" and recoup some of your cost...now you want to charge me 300.00 plus shipping.....what gives??
Old 08-02-2017, 06:10 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
He can't sell anymore than what he had in stock. They "MC" shut him down as expected. In this case the early bird got the worm.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:46 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 X10
Why won't it work?

I purchased the Navionics charts from West Marine. I cloned (NOT copied) the maps onto a 16M thumbdrive that fits (and alot don't because MC made it extremely thin and put a screw that isn't readily unscrewable) into the USB port at the helm (right under the throttle). I tested it on to another computer and it worked fine (coming up with the maps that I purchased)..Unfortunately, still won't work on my MC. Any other ideas to overcome MCs attempt to gouge owners into purchasing the maps at 10x the cost that they purchase them for??? I'm all about service and capitalism but this is criminal!
Old 12-09-2018, 12:42 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft X20 Ilmor 6.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
All you should need is a navionics flash drive. I have used my same one since 2012. Not sure if it is MC specific or not, but I did get mine from my dealer. It was a couple hundred bucks if I remember right.
Hello 440, are you saying your 2012 Navionics SD Card works in 2013+ Murphy HV700 back SD slot? The slot is protected by a small door with 2 Allen screws. If so can you post a picture of said SD Card so we can see the part number. To my knowledge the Murphy screen only support 2GB or less SD Card (info found on Tige forums, Tige also use Murphy but doesn't lock the GPS like MC, they have success with 2GB SD Cards). Most current Navionics SD cards are 16GB and are not supported by Murphy Helmview software. Moomba also use Murphy and the USB Dongle GPS feature lock. The Moomba or MC USB Dongle can be purchased for $500 at a few MC dealer websites. My biggest frustration is the fact that we cannot update the maps sonar chart on USB Dongle @500$ like a standard Navionics SD Card @200$

p.s. Navionics SD cards have a file encrypted with the card serial number CID so copying or cloning a 16GB to 2GB will not work in a chart plotter.