Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2018, 02:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 07 CSX 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
Are CSX's rarer in Hawaii or Oregon? Are they more $ in Hawaii or Oregon...
A inboard wakeboarding boat is very rare in the islands. 1) they just don't sell them here, 2) shipping a boat here is around 6K, 3) Wake surfing/boarding its just not that popular here since surfing is so easy and there are very few bays with calm water. Fortunately I live on the only bay like that around (Kaneohe Bay) and we are on the water almost every weekend.

Because of all this, inboards are just not popular here. There are a lot of outboards or I/Os but inboards are very rare and don't bring full price. I have no idea about Oregon, but once your in the states people will travel when a CSX comes on the market.

For the question on shipping to Japan... The way the military move works is that boat is part of our "house hold goods (HHG) and you can have it moved by them, or move it yourself in you're moving from state to state, and get reimbursed by weight. Moving around the states I am allowed around 17,000 lbs. But, moving to Japan they only allow you to move 4,000 lbs which is not a lot of a family of 4, but they let you put the remainder of the weight in storage. They take all long-term storage in one locations, Fairfield CA, so that is why the boat is going there.

Also, I will be much busier in Japan than I am here and constantly on the road so I would not be able to enjoy it as much. They do have some used wakeboarding boats out there so I might be buying a cheap one just to get me my fix for the next few years.

On rodent protection, the CSX does not have a lot of openings to get in the bilge area, but I will still put dryer sheets all over. Would anyone recommend moth balls? Hopefully I will be able to have a friend check on it every few months as well.

I'm going to take off everything I can off the tower (lights, speakers, mirror) and store in totes my HHGs. Same for the vinyl parts I can remove easily and the swim platform so it is not in the sun that whole time.

Thanks again,

2007 CSX 220.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 07 CSX 220
Some pics from last weekend. Two more to go until I have to pack her up.
Attached Images

2007 CSX 220.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:48 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vann View Post
Some pics from last weekend. Two more to go until I have to pack her up.
Texas flag, hell yeah!!!

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 12-06-2018, 03:01 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2011 X-25
Great looking boat. Good luck with the move and I hope everything works out with the storage.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:29 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
Good luck over there Vann. Thanks for standing in the gap for us.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:04 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Maristar 210
I did a six month deployment to Pearl Harbor in 2005. Admirals driver for COMNAVFACPAC. awesome place!

As for the boat, (I don’t recommend this) but my uncle had an older 351 powered bowrider that he winterized not very well and then sadly passed away. It sat for about 7 years in a barn. I drug it out, put a fuel pump, engine water pump, out drive impeller, full service and the darn thing has run like a champ for the last 4 years or so.

I guess my point is that if you take proper care in servicing it, protecting it and keeping it DRY, it’ll be in just as good of shape when you come back from Japan in three years.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:06 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
Peppermint oil is the only thing that keeps the rodents out. Fill several containers with cotton balls and douse them with the peppermint oil. The problem is that I doubt the scent will last 3 years, which would go the same for dryer sheets or moth balls.

I would also fill my engine with automotive type green AF. That will give you the best corrosion protection.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 basstracker, 2000 Targa 210, 2007 mastercraft CSX..
Long-term storage advice

I was going to say peppermint oil also. My wife had to use something in her minivan, because some mice set up in her blower motor. We used peppermint oil, it worked great, and they say to throw a few bags of peppermint candy in the glove box too.

I was just going to give the CSX thread some grief for not posting any pictures but you help make up for it. .

If it was me (and I owned a CSX). I kinda kick my self in the butt for selling it now. I would shrink wrap it up, with good vents on it, do all that was mentioned above about overkill on the storage, and she should be fine waiting for you. Besides it would be like Christmas all over again when you unwrap her. I would even go as far as taking some of the seats off the boat and preserve them at a better place. Hope it all works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by waterbuffalo; 12-08-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
If it isn't stored in climate controlled storage and it is in a climate that changes temperature causing condensation and you cannot have anyone "check on it" and run it to full operating temperature annually, then fill the motor and transmission full of oil all the way to the top... this will keep it from condensing inside the motor and rusting... I did this with a car I had sitting for 5 years... it worked perfect...

I would also spray fogging oil in the exhaust manifolds..

Put a BIG huge warning sticker on the steering wheel not to start it till it is all checked out and it is full of oil.

use a 6 pack of "fluid film" and spray everything that is metal.. in and out of the boat... don't forget the trailer.. grease the bearings as well all new grease.. drive it for a bit to get the grease all around....

Block the trailer up if you can... you have to replace the tires regardless... not sure if it matters if the rims sit on the flat tires or not... probably not if it is out of the elements....

Wax it, 303 the vinyl

make sure it is dry dry dry before you put it away...

If storage isn't climate controlled, then at least make sure it gets put in a locked garage of some sort... or it won't last 3 years... rain will most likely ruin it along with excessive sun..

When you get it in a garage then I would NOT wrap it, I would just use a regular cover then toss a tarp over that and call it good...

You have to have it some sort of garage... or to be honest don't bother.. it will cost you more to fix it than it will be worth... There will be other boats...

Drain all the gas...

I would recommend filling it with an approved antifreeze...

Rodents.. because they use soy oil on the insulation of the wires they are more prone to rodent infestation... they love the stuff... put some sort of bait OUTSIDE of the boat but in a container that dogs/cats can't get into.. you might need allot of them for 3 years or... someone to at least check on it once every 6 months... never put the bait inside... if it is in a secure shed/garage then put it wherever.. but away from the boat... Dryer sheets won't be to effective in 3 years.. might make great nesting material though

Good luck...
Old 12-09-2018, 10:09 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Rub some dirt on it and the take a lap. Coach said to run it off!

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!

Tags
220, csx, storage