Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2018, 01:18 PM
BRADP43619 BRADP43619 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Location: midwest
Posts: 61
2018 NXT20 Advanced Audio update

I took My boat in for winter storage and the first service. When it was in I asked them If the new update for zone control was available. They just called back for anyone that is interested. I was told you need to change out the head unit and cable. at a cost of over $1000.00.
so needless to say Not that important to me. It would be nice if this was just a programing thing. Guess I will just have to upgrade the boat in a few years and get the X22
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Kbrouder Kbrouder is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT20
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12
Hey there,

I just had my first service done as well. By "zone control" do you mean this would allow me to control the tower/rest of speakers independently? disappointing that it would require an entire new headunit.

Do you know much about the system? I don't even have 20 hours on my boat yet so I didn't spend much time crawling around inside it, but I think I will want to add 2 more tower speakers at a minimum at some point. I was pretty impressed with the clarity of the stereo, it is lacking a little in terms of volume I feel, but without being able to turn off the tower speakers, I don't really want to crank it to avoid annoying everyone on shore...

I've done a lot with car stereos in the past, but with the way everyone is talking on here, it sounds like this system must be super complex/proprietary. I was thinking I could just wire in a switch to the amp that powers the tower speakers (unless its all on 1 amp...)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-12-2018, 02:40 PM
BRADP43619 BRADP43619 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Location: midwest
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrouder View Post
Hey there,

I just had my first service done as well. By "zone control" do you mean this would allow me to control the tower/rest of speakers independently? disappointing that it would require an entire new headunit.

Do you know much about the system? I don't even have 20 hours on my boat yet so I didn't spend much time crawling around inside it, but I think I will want to add 2 more tower speakers at a minimum at some point. I was pretty impressed with the clarity of the stereo, it is lacking a little in terms of volume I feel, but without being able to turn off the tower speakers, I don't really want to crank it to avoid annoying everyone on shore...

I've done a lot with car stereos in the past, but with the way everyone is talking on here, it sounds like this system must be super complex/proprietary. I was thinking I could just wire in a switch to the amp that powers the tower speakers (unless its all on 1 amp...)
YES The new unit would allow bow,cabin and tower independent control to my knowledge. After reading things on this site as well as posts from Klipsch how you order the boat is how it must stay. everything Is set to work together and if you wanted more tower speakers you would have to spend some cash and get it done at the dealer changing major components. it looks to me I only have 1 amp and a head unit that works the entire system. however I Haven't looked into it at all. I am happy with the sound at this time, just wish i can crank the tower and leave cabin speakers lower so we can talk. Definitely not what I am use to in the Automotive world But I am sure there is people out there that can do anything with enough research the aftermarket industry is to big to have no options.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-13-2018, 05:16 AM
g-mantrix's Avatar
g-mantrix g-mantrix is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Boat: matrix sorrento 2006 315 mrcruiser
Location: south east
Posts: 291
This is 1 reason I ordered my NXT22 without audio and will be fitted totally with wet sounds gear, incl MC2 head unit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-16-2018, 11:30 AM
Kbrouder Kbrouder is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT20
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12
That's disappointing. I mean the speakers are just speakers right, so worst case, sounds like we have to pull the amp and unit and swap for aftermarket. Mine is in storage, but I will be taking a look at it next year.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2019, 05:42 PM
Klipsch Klipsch is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: Klipsch
Location: Midwest
Posts: 114
There is now an optional dealer installed retrofit kit to add Zone Control to your 2018 Klipsch Advanced Audio package without replacing the head unit. See details in this thread:

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=99920
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2019, 06:09 PM
BRADP43619 BRADP43619 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Location: midwest
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post
There is now an optional dealer installed retrofit kit to add Zone Control to your 2018 Klipsch Advanced Audio package without replacing the head unit. See details in this thread:

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=99920
SWEET !!! This is huge thank you for working with them and listening to the customers !! now i just need a 2nd set of tower cans
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-14-2019, 02:36 PM
Kbrouder Kbrouder is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT20
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADP43619 View Post
SWEET !!! This is huge thank you for working with them and listening to the customers !! now i just need a 2nd set of tower cans
Agreed! Did you figure out what to do for a 2nd set of tower cans? I am in the same boat.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-15-2019, 08:54 AM
BRADP43619 BRADP43619 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Location: midwest
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrouder View Post
Agreed! Did you figure out what to do for a 2nd set of tower cans? I am in the same boat.
No I haven't looked into it yet but I am sure its big $$$$$
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-19-2019, 02:39 PM
Klipsch Klipsch is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: Klipsch
Location: Midwest
Posts: 114
Just putting this here. According to user RMLong24, it appears his dealer quoted $29 for the part + an hour of labor. See post https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...7&postcount=32
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.


2018