Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 10-23-2018, 01:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 NXT 20
2018 NXT20 Advanced Audio update

I took My boat in for winter storage and the first service. When it was in I asked them If the new update for zone control was available. They just called back for anyone that is interested. I was told you need to change out the head unit and cable. at a cost of over $1000.00.
so needless to say Not that important to me. It would be nice if this was just a programing thing. Guess I will just have to upgrade the boat in a few years and get the X22
Old 12-12-2018, 12:55 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2018 NXT20
Hey there,

I just had my first service done as well. By "zone control" do you mean this would allow me to control the tower/rest of speakers independently? disappointing that it would require an entire new headunit.

Do you know much about the system? I don't even have 20 hours on my boat yet so I didn't spend much time crawling around inside it, but I think I will want to add 2 more tower speakers at a minimum at some point. I was pretty impressed with the clarity of the stereo, it is lacking a little in terms of volume I feel, but without being able to turn off the tower speakers, I don't really want to crank it to avoid annoying everyone on shore...

I've done a lot with car stereos in the past, but with the way everyone is talking on here, it sounds like this system must be super complex/proprietary. I was thinking I could just wire in a switch to the amp that powers the tower speakers (unless its all on 1 amp...)
Old 12-12-2018, 02:40 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrouder View Post
Hey there,

I just had my first service done as well. By "zone control" do you mean this would allow me to control the tower/rest of speakers independently? disappointing that it would require an entire new headunit.

Do you know much about the system? I don't even have 20 hours on my boat yet so I didn't spend much time crawling around inside it, but I think I will want to add 2 more tower speakers at a minimum at some point. I was pretty impressed with the clarity of the stereo, it is lacking a little in terms of volume I feel, but without being able to turn off the tower speakers, I don't really want to crank it to avoid annoying everyone on shore...

I've done a lot with car stereos in the past, but with the way everyone is talking on here, it sounds like this system must be super complex/proprietary. I was thinking I could just wire in a switch to the amp that powers the tower speakers (unless its all on 1 amp...)
YES The new unit would allow bow,cabin and tower independent control to my knowledge. After reading things on this site as well as posts from Klipsch how you order the boat is how it must stay. everything Is set to work together and if you wanted more tower speakers you would have to spend some cash and get it done at the dealer changing major components. it looks to me I only have 1 amp and a head unit that works the entire system. however I Haven't looked into it at all. I am happy with the sound at this time, just wish i can crank the tower and leave cabin speakers lower so we can talk. Definitely not what I am use to in the Automotive world But I am sure there is people out there that can do anything with enough research the aftermarket industry is to big to have no options.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: matrix sorrento 2006 315 mrcruiser
This is 1 reason I ordered my NXT22 without audio and will be fitted totally with wet sounds gear, incl MC2 head unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2018, 11:30 AM
TT Newbie

That's disappointing. I mean the speakers are just speakers right, so worst case, sounds like we have to pull the amp and unit and swap for aftermarket. Mine is in storage, but I will be taking a look at it next year.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:42 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
There is now an optional dealer installed retrofit kit to add Zone Control to your 2018 Klipsch Advanced Audio package without replacing the head unit. See details in this thread:

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=99920
Old 01-23-2019, 06:09 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post
There is now an optional dealer installed retrofit kit to add Zone Control to your 2018 Klipsch Advanced Audio package without replacing the head unit. See details in this thread:

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=99920
SWEET !!! This is huge thank you for working with them and listening to the customers !! now i just need a 2nd set of tower cans
Old 02-14-2019, 02:36 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADP43619 View Post
SWEET !!! This is huge thank you for working with them and listening to the customers !! now i just need a 2nd set of tower cans
Agreed! Did you figure out what to do for a 2nd set of tower cans? I am in the same boat.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:54 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrouder View Post
Agreed! Did you figure out what to do for a 2nd set of tower cans? I am in the same boat.
No I haven't looked into it yet but I am sure its big $$$$$
Old 02-19-2019, 02:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
Just putting this here. According to user RMLong24, it appears his dealer quoted $29 for the part + an hour of labor. See post https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...7&postcount=32