Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 05-17-2019, 06:27 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: NXT 22 2018 5000 Ilmoor
NXT22 Low Voltage Alarm

If I fill all tanks and then play the radio when riding around my low voltage alarm begins to beep and the radio cuts off. The dash itself when then cutoff. I have to switch the battery to combine to drain the ballast. Why is my house battery not being charged by the alternator as I am running 850 RPM's when filling the tanks? Thanks everyone for any ideas.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:35 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft, 2019 NXT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adwood24 View Post
If I fill all tanks and then play the radio when riding around my low voltage alarm begins to beep and the radio cuts off. The dash itself when then cutoff. I have to switch the battery to combine to drain the ballast. Why is my house battery not being charged by the alternator as I am running 850 RPM's when filling the tanks? Thanks everyone for any ideas.

Mines new so have only filled it a couple times, but the manual says on page 271 In standard ballast systems the engine must be operated at 1500rpm or more during fill and empty .
I assume this is because the pumps need the extra amps from the alternator spinning faster to keep from running the battery down. It also could be mean you have a weak battery .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1984 WellCraft Aft-cabin

Tags
alarm, house battery, low voltage, nxt22