Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 09-07-2010, 06:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 SD
I talked to the PO, and he said the seat was like that when he got the boat (he was the second owner). I was able to get through this weekend by stuffing cushions under the seat, but I sure would like to for the seat to fit like it was supposed to. Having an optional sundeck would be great too. Anyone ever gotten one of these rebuilt/replaced?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 PS 205 5.7L 275 HP TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtk38 View Post
I talked to the PO, and he said the seat was like that when he got the boat (he was the second owner). I was able to get through this weekend by stuffing cushions under the seat, but I sure would like to for the seat to fit like it was supposed to. Having an optional sundeck would be great too. Anyone ever gotten one of these rebuilt/replaced?
When I bought my 97 PS 205 the rear bench was missing. My freind had a 98 205 so I took it and had a copy made. He used plywood covered with fiberglass.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2019, 06:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft ProStar 205 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtk38 View Post
atlfootr, thank you so much for doing the legwork to get those pictures for me! What year was that sammy? My 205 is actually an SD as well, but the back rest of my bench is a single piece instead of 3 sections. Thanks to the pics and the link from dmminfla, its all starting to make sense now. Unfortunately though, I think it confirms that my seat is somehow not wide enough. I know that the previous owner had most of the boat's upholstery redone back in the spring, and it all looks great...but I guess they took a little off the edges on bench. I'm thinking i'll have to extend the fiberglass ledges with some teak, and then I should be good. Anyone have a better idea?

-Kurt
Hey Dirtk38 (Kurt)-- I know it has been a while since you got rid of your 1998. Quick question- I believe you have a diagram for the back bench seat that you redid. I am currently working on rebuilding mine and wondered if you had that diagram of dimensions.... I printed what I could (on one of the old threads) but can not read the numbers (not clear). I have a 1998 prostar 205 LT1. Just wondering if you are still available here on team talk...! Thanks- Matt
Old 02-09-2019, 03:56 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 SD
Hey Matt,

I think I found the files...they were attached to an old email I had sent them to another forum member. So I think the picture I've attached shows the actual dimensions of what I made. I can send you the Google Sketchup file directly if you'd like to print out a scale template for cutting. Send me a PM if so.

I made my seat with 3/4 plywood that was covered in several coats of sealant. Before sending it to the upholsterer I drilled a few drain holes. I also added some T-nuts so that I could attach two pieces of aluminum angle to the bottom of the seat after the upholsterer was finished (just to make it stiffer).

If I remember correctly, my finished product came out nearly perfect (just a tad bit short), but it still worked great.I would rather err on the short side.

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any questions.

-Kurt
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2019, 04:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft ProStar 205 LT1
Perfect!!! I really appreciate it! That is exactly what I was looking for! MH