Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2019, 10:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary X-Star Saltwater Series
40th Anniversary SeaDek

Does anyone know the dealer/installer who ordered this SeaDek? I reached out to SeaDek directly and they don't have this template on file but confirmed that they did manufacture the product. They suggested the dealer/installer would likely have this template on file, so I'm trying to track them down as I'd like to add this to my boat.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2019, 10:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X-30, 1983 Stars and Stripes, 1991 Jump Boat
My experiences with SeaDek are two fold:
They make it difficult to do business with. Case is point. They manufacture something cool and don’t allow others to easily re-order. I’m spending all day with paper templates and so on. It’s not a good experience. The second is this. The stuff is NOT all that tough. It will scuff, tear and it shrinks in the sun and leaves a little ring of adhesive that looks ugly over time. If you do need to replaced it it’s a MAJOR pain dealing with the adhesive, cleaning, prep and so on. I know it’s trendy but I hate the stuff.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:06 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckguy View Post
My experiences with SeaDek are two fold:
They make it difficult to do business with. Case is point. They manufacture something cool and donít allow others to easily re-order. Iím spending all day with papart templates and so on. Itís not a good experience. The second is this. The stuff is NOT all that tough. It will scuff, tear and it shrinks in the sun and leaves a little ring of adhesive that looks ugly over time. If you do need to replaced it itís a MAJOR pain dealing with the adhesive, cleaning, prep and so on. I know itís trendy but I hate the stuff.
That's great information, Duck - thank you. From what I've read and experienced (with some correspondence with GatorStep), it seems to be a superior product with far superior customer service. I just REALLY liked the 40th Anniversary badge etched into the flooring, and unfortunately, GatorStep is unable to reproduce anything with the MasterCraft logo (at least that is my understanding). However, the poor customer service and performance reviews of SeaDek may be enough for me to do without the logo and proceed with GatorStep. Thanks again!
Old 01-16-2019, 11:12 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 (Sold), 2006 x15 w/ mcx
I could be wrong but I'd say there is a decent chance Seadeck is going to tell you they can't do any MC logo's in their products also. It most likely depends on if you deal with one of their dealers or corporate.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:13 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X-30, 1983 Stars and Stripes, 1991 Jump Boat
Agree. The crest is awesome. Hereís an example on my 30. It shrinks, leaves that little adhesive ring and then dirt clings in it. Ugh
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2019, 11:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Yeah, not diggin that exposed adhesive look. Thanks for the photo and feedback, Duck!

It is my understanding that SeaDek is able to reproduce the MasterCraft logo as I believe they are the OEM supplier for MC. Definitely could be wrong on that though, dmbeck.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 X10
Location: Center Hill Lake, Old Hickory, and Norris Lakes in TN
One more vote for PVC flooring...

I absolutely love being able to roll up the floor, carry it out with ease, and rinsing it off in my driveway before I put it back in the boat. If it ever needs replaced it will literally be a ten-minute, one-beer, job.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
One more vote for PVC flooring...

I absolutely love being able to roll up the floor, carry it out with ease, and rinsing it off in my driveway before I put it back in the boat. If it ever needs replaced it will literally be a ten-minute, one-beer, job.
Would this be the equivalent of Deckadence? Tell me what you like about it as compared to the bare, non-skid floor. Since I boat exclusively in saltwater I have never used my carpet and appreciate the quick clean the bare floor offers. I was primarily considering the SeaDek / GatorStep as an aesthetic upgrade, although I suppose having something soft underfoot wouldn't be the worst thing.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:45 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterMC View Post
Would this be the equivalent of Deckadence? Tell me what you like about it as compared to the bare, non-skid floor. Since I boat exclusively in saltwater I have never used my carpet and appreciate the quick clean the bare floor offers. I was primarily considering the SeaDek / GatorStep as an aesthetic upgrade, although I suppose having something soft underfoot wouldn't be the worst thing.
Contact RYAN at SC WAKE.. sea dek dealer , has lots of template and can get MC logos authorised if you need them
Now is a good time to explore this as they do get Busy soon

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Old 01-16-2019, 02:20 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckguy View Post
Agree. The crest is awesome. Here’s an example on my 30. It shrinks, leaves that little adhesive ring and then dirt clings in it. Ugh
FWIW this pic is from whatever OEM materials that MC used prior to Seadek, it is thinner/hotter/shrinks back from seams vs. Seadek. We are a fan of the SD as it cleans easily, does not get hot, and feels good on bare skin including arses and knees. No shrinking in our case either and it cleans up rather easily.

We have an X30 with Seadek in the main cabin and front step, I regret not pulling the original MC materials on the rear gunnels and walkthrough but will likely do so and replace with Seadek.

+1 to SC Wake, they are way faster and more responsive than Seadek. It is also not that bad of an effort to template your own boat using clear mylar. On the MCOCD scale I would rate it a 5 out of 10 for difficulty.