Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 10-28-2018, 10:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
2007 X2 Setup

I am a little late to the party but I want to share what I did for my setup. I kept the Clarion cmd-4 headunit and added a wetsounds eq/PA mounted in the lower left side of the dash. I got rid of the 6 channel amp and replaced it with 2 MHD600 amps and 1 MHd750. The 1st MHD 600 power 4 tower speakers with Bullet hollowpoints in the factory cans. I can say they are very very loud. I added 2 7.7 inch jl audio speakers in the back of the boat underneath the rear seats facing forward. I also added 2 more 7.7 inch speakers one to the rt of the drivers seat and one exactly to the left below the passenger seat. That is 8 total cockpit speakers + 6 tweeters. Those are wired in parallel off of the 2nd MHD600. The MHD600 is too powerful for those speakers running one per channel. The speakers would get damaged where they would sound distorted at low volumes. The mid bass from that alone in damn good. The MHD750 powers the stock free air sub and don't laugh an 8 inch bazooka tube in the SKI locker. This setup works very well and is loud even at slalom speeds in the boat. I also added a 14 farad capacitor to keep voltages clean. I pretty much use a small bluetooth adapter directly into the wetsounds for the audio. I found a color experiment which I am very happy with using a apple airport express in the boat for wifi(No INTERNET), just for airplay. Airplay has a great range on the water, so good I can use my apple watch to control everything from behind the boat, either surfing or even Airchairing, I am 100 feet behind the boat when I do so. Not everybody's cup of tea, but cool nonetheless.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:27 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS LS1 View Post
Looks like you have a good start to your audio upgrade project this winter. Not sure if you are still looking for ideas but here is a link the the audio project I did on my X2. Yes it's a different X2 top deck but hopefully it can help or at least motivate you on your marine audio project.

Link >>>>>>>> http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=79138

Good luck and post up any progress you get done this winter.
Thanks, I've read you thread in full before.

I'm also getting a second 10" IB sub plus another HD-RLC remote level control (one for the tower speakers and another one for the subs).

Another idea I'm complementing is getting a second set of tweeters in pods, which I could install on top of the dash, aimed at the driver.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X2
Just arrived: a second JL Audio 10IB3 sub and another HD-RLC remote level controler:

I have also ordered a pair of MTPOD-M100-CL aluminium tweeter pods and M100-CT-SG-WH tweeters.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:27 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '13 X2 Pro Gen2, '98 30th Anniv PS190- SOLD-
Exciting! It's going to sound great and you can be proud of doing the install yourself. Happy to hear you had a chance to see my audio project thread as I was hoping it would help or motivate other members to do the same.

I seriously considered adding tweeter pods on my dash but glad I waited and installed the 2nd set of full range cockpit speakers first as the sound is so much more full than just a set of high frequency tweeters screaming at you. If you do go the dash tweeter pod route be sure to put them on a separate amp channel so you can blend them into your sound system. If not they are often very harsh to listen to for any period of time. Just search here for posts of owners with the factory MC tweeter pods and rewiring them to make them less harsh and more livable.

So glad I installed our sound system as soon as we bought our boat. Has made the last couple summers so much more enjoyable having powerful and quality sound while out boating. The results will be worth the effort.

SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190

Last edited by SS LS1; 12-07-2018 at 07:38 PM.