Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-14-2019, 09:06 AM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 4,323
Great info larry!!

Did you pick your new MC for this summer while you were there?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-14-2019, 09:27 AM
gwozhog's Avatar
gwozhog gwozhog is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Boat: Achilles sg124
Location: south
Posts: 771
Went to the boat show myself this weekend and noticed that Tige,Supra, and Moomba all now have gone back to removable floor panels. I looked at the x24 and shook my head when I saw the 4 junky removable cubby hole lids that barely gave you hands reach to the fuel pump and ballast pumps. Mastercraft needs to make the switch back to floor panels too.
__________________
I once dated a girl in high shcool and her dad told me I would never amount to anything. He was right.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-14-2019, 09:49 AM
lashburn1's Avatar
lashburn1 lashburn1 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Location: Oceanside California
Posts: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
Great info larry!!

Did you pick your new MC for this summer while you were there?
I got in the new STAR , X22 and X24. Only X24 made me want to switch boats. It's pretty big.
The real break through for MC the past 2 seasons are the dialing in and refinement over at the NXT line. New tower and Cool Feel on an NXT22 make for a pretty sweet ride if you get the gel choice of your liking. Great incentives as well
__________________

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-14-2019, 10:22 AM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 4,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
I got in the new STAR , X22 and X24. Only X24 made me want to switch boats. It's pretty big.
The real break through for MC the past 2 seasons are the dialing in and refinement over at the NXT line. New tower and Cool Feel on an NXT22 make for a pretty sweet ride if you get the gel choice of your liking. Great incentives as well
My wife and I were in Austin when the boat show was going on and we got to take a look at the X22 with Josh Palma, he went through the boat with me and talked about the comparison to my X23. The X22 is a great boat and they made so many improvements.

The X24 is huge. I really like the X22 but the prices (boat show price of 160K) are just getting to crazy for me to justify a one trick pony boat.

They had an NXT 22 that was well optioned and will priced that I could see myself switching to if I get rid of the X23. I can almost have two new boats for the price of one. My wife loved the center console that we had this summer and is pushing for me to look into one. I have yet to surf the NXT22 to see if its worth the switch.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-14-2019, 10:52 AM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I'm sure there was a lot of great info shared. But I can't help it, when I hear his name, I think of MC almost going under, and the turmoil of '08-'10 and the decisions and events that led up to that. But hey, I got a smoking deal on my '09 because of it.
How many other companies folded when the economy's wheels fell off?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-14-2019, 12:13 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 14,834
How was the show? I know it's not the 2 or 3 day gigantic thing it was 15 or 20 years ago but has it recovered at all?
__________________
Tim

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-14-2019, 02:17 PM
lashburn1's Avatar
lashburn1 lashburn1 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Location: Oceanside California
Posts: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
How was the show? I know it's not the 2 or 3 day gigantic thing it was 15 or 20 years ago but has it recovered at all?
It's not that big, but it still runs three or four days.
The main room was filled with largely pontoon boat and wakeboard boats, with the exception of the Bayliner exhibit, and a few center consuls for the local coastal fishing market.

There was one other building, about half the size filled with go fast river boats, commonly seen here on the Colorado River.

There may have been another area, but I did not see it
__________________

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-14-2019, 02:33 PM
Wicker68's Avatar
Wicker68 Wicker68 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Boat: '09 CSX220 SS
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 342
What was his insight on the CSX?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-14-2019, 02:53 PM
lashburn1's Avatar
lashburn1 lashburn1 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Location: Oceanside California
Posts: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicker68 View Post
What was his insight on the CSX?
the CSX concept was deloved along with Scott Wood, as you know.
it seams the original idea was more utility "all around" day boat.
The idea to take it offShore , the Smaller CSX, was not really in the Mix,
But during the deveopement stage, the Fishing idea was pushed a bit more...
Most CC dealers and Coastal Fisherman did not like seeing the low slung Bow at idle or low speeds despite its high cruise attitude.
The over all low speed of the Boat vs a 200hp CC the same size also did not fare well with CC buyers.

In the end the people that did like the boat liked the orginal Concept traits of the Boat.
Center console Feel, WakeSports friendly , open layout.

He said he still had some on the original Concept drawings and photos of Mockups.
Said it was def modified from Original idea with input from additional folks in the chain of command
__________________

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-14-2019, 04:09 PM
Wicker68's Avatar
Wicker68 Wicker68 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Boat: '09 CSX220 SS
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
the CSX concept was deloved along with Scott Wood, as you know.
it seams the original idea was more utility "all around" day boat.
The idea to take it offShore , the Smaller CSX, was not really in the Mix,
But during the deveopement stage, the Fishing idea was pushed a bit more...
Most CC dealers and Coastal Fisherman did not like seeing the low slung Bow at idle or low speeds despite its high cruise attitude.
The over all low speed of the Boat vs a 200hp CC the same size also did not fare well with CC buyers.

In the end the people that did like the boat liked the orginal Concept traits of the Boat.
Center console Feel, WakeSports friendly , open layout.

He said he still had some on the original Concept drawings and photos of Mockups.
Said it was def modified from Original idea with input from additional folks in the chain of command
Very fair observations by the CC crowd. The low bow is my biggest gripe with Scott every time I see him. Scott got me those original concept drawings. It would be nice to get my hands on the mockups.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 AM.


2018