Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 01-16-2019, 02:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Oxbow Lake Michigan

We have been looking at lake houses and found something we like on Oxbow Lake but we dont know much about the lake othere than its private and deep. Has anyone surfed that lake or know anything about it ?

Thanks for the help Brad
Old 01-16-2019, 03:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft Prostar 197 & 1989 190
Upper Michigan?
Old 01-16-2019, 03:32 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtexas View Post
Upper Michigan?
NO WHITE LAKE TOWNSHIP JUST SOUTH OF 59 SOUTH OF FLINT
Old 01-16-2019, 03:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 280 SST, 2005, Twin 375 Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADP43619 View Post
NO WHITE LAKE TOWNSHIP JUST SOUTH OF 59 SOUTH OF FLINT
don't drink the water
Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375
Old 01-16-2019, 03:43 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCourse316 View Post
don't drink the water
LOL! Not that close to flint
Old 01-16-2019, 06:06 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Spent a good amount of time surfing on Oxbow the last 2 years. A close friend and TT member lives on Oxbow. We've also met up with a couple local TT members to ride on Oxbow as well.

It's a nice clean lake, has a bar on it but it is a bit on the small side. Weekday mornings and afternoons are typically calm and quiet with more activity after work. If you get up early you can get a slalom run in and most boaters out at that time practice good boating manors and take turns getting runs in. Mid day on weekends are just as one might expect with boats and jet skis everywhere.

While the lake is deep there's basically only one surf run on the lake and with more than two boats running it, it gets real crowded. For that matter it's pretty much the same for any other activity as well. There are a few areas to watch both on the main lake and getting to the ramp but again that's the case with most inland lakes.

Overall I've really enjoyed the lake. Just that it's private is a huge plus. It certainly keeps it from being totally out of control on the weekends while also keeping a fleet of bass boats from showing up from dusk to dawn. If I were looking for a lake front home in the area Oxbow certainly would be on my list of lakes to consider.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 basstracker, 2000 Targa 210, 2007 mastercraft CSX..
Oxbow Lake Michigan

Not at all by flint.. just west of Waterford .

It is a cool lake for sure.... btuner2 pretty much summed it up nicely. dsiggi from TT lives on it, btuner2, Roman, and I have all been on the lake before..on dsiggi’s X2. I would have to say for being on a lot of lakes in the area..this is by far one of the best in the area. Space in limited to only being able to surf and wakeboard on one halve of lake but it not a heavy populated lake, so it works nicely, mainly because it’s not a public lake. The toons can be a pain, as well as a few people that live on the main lake, that don’t get wakesurfing, and will pull up to you and tell you how bad it is :eyesrolling: ) (I might have had something to do with that..LOL) thous are called the “wavers” they flick you the bird and you just “wave” right back..lol. There’s a nice place to sit and sunbathe in the smaller lake, which works to keep most toons off the main lake. Also keep in mind it’s self policed so the rules are different than say a public lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2019, 12:09 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbuffalo View Post
Not at all by flint.. just west of Waterford .

It is a cool lake for sure.... btuner2 pretty much summed it up nicely. dsiggi from TT lives on it, btuner2, Roman, and I have all been on the lake before..on dsiggi’s X2. I would have to say for being on a lot of lakes in the area..this is by far one of the best in the area. Space in limited to only being able to surf and wakeboard on one halve of lake but it not a heavy populated lake, so it works nicely, mainly because it’s not a public lake. The toons can be a pain, as well as a few people that live on the main lake, that don’t get wakesurfing, and will pull up to you and tell you how bad it is :eyesrolling: ) (I might have had something to do with that..LOL) thous are called the “wavers” they flick you the bird and you just “wave” right back..lol. There’s a nice place to sit and sunbathe in the smaller lake, which works to keep most toons off the main lake. Also keep in mind it’s self policed so the rules are different than say a public lake.

Thank you both that is exactly the information we are looking for. we also like Watkins and silver lake, but both are exactly the same. I hope we can find something but with my wife working for the goverment and we are not getting paid so it makes it hard to buy a second home lol. If wee get it sounds like a summer kick off TT Party to break in the house!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk