Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-23-2019, 01:11 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Hey Ski-me, I'm not as well traveled as Slalomjunkie, but we like Curacao if you are looking for something a little off the beaten track. We stay at Sea Aquarium Resort. Curacao has lots of neat beaches to drive to, some pretty cool excursions and sport fishing. The scuba is really good too !

Also this past October we went to Aruba, nice beaches, decent scuba, off shore fishing, great amenities and easy to get around. We found plenty to do to keep the kids happy (14 and 16).
Old 01-23-2019, 01:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Great thread to revive, and timely!

Looking for spring break. Thinking Jamaica given the recommendation above. Also thinking about Maui, but a lot of flights back are overnight. 3 of us will be flying from the Denver area, but the oldest will be flying from NC. So I'd think Jamaica might be better.

Just need a warm beach in March (23-30). 18 and 22 year old daughters. 20 year old can't come.

What I've seen on Costco.com is an "All Inclusive". Never been or experienced them....

Or Bahamas??
Maui is awesome, i highly recommend staying in Kihei, i love it there. Kihei is walking distance to Charlie young Beach, a short drive to the scuba boat ramp, and access to lots of affordable restaurants... You can also get a VRBO for 10 days for about 1,400 bucks. And I would not leave home without the book Maui revealed., it gives you all of the inside scoop of things to see / do and the history

Bahamas, I haven't been since the 80s, however a friend of mine went a couple of years ago - family of three, said she felt like they were being raped every time they ate

And with Jamaica, Negril is the only way to go... Beautiful beaches , clear water world class scuba... The only thing that's bad about Jamaica is you can't venture off the resort without feeling unsafe. I really liked the dive operation at Sandals Negril. Only caveat was they will not take you on anything deeper than 60 feet unless your Advanced Open Water

With the ABCs, Aruba Bonaire and Curacao, Bonaire will have the best diving Curacao second Aruba third.

I made sure we booked our trip early before water ski season is in full swing

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited by slalomjunkie; 01-23-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft Prostar 197 & 1989 190
I got back this Monday from 6 days on Kauai and 5 days on Oahu. Two islands that are very similar in size but completely different in feel. Oahu is 1.1 million pop. and Kauai is 70,000 pop. I enjoyed both for different reasons.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:18 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1992 MasterCraft Maristar 240sc 454HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtexas View Post
I got back this Monday from 6 days on Kauai and 5 days on Oahu. Two islands that are very similar in size but completely different in feel. Oahu is 1.1 million pop. and Kauai is 70,000 pop. I enjoyed both for different reasons.
I just missed you in Kauai, we got here Tuesday, staying for a week. This is our second time here, we have some friends who live here now, we love it.