Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 05-13-2019, 02:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Prostar 205 5.7L
Drivers seat removal 95 prostar 205

Hi,

So I have searched and googled and still can't figure out how to remove the seat from the base. One of the bolts connecting the seat to the slide rails has broken and I would like to replace it, since there is now a bit of movement in the seat.
I can access the two screws at the front attaching the slide rails to the base, but can't figure out anyway to access the ones in the back. None of the holes on the bottom of the seat line up with the rear screws, regardless of how I move the seat back and forth.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bart
Old 05-13-2019, 02:35 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Maristar 200VRS

I recently removed mine for a similar reason. What I had to do was to slide the seat as far as it would go to get the best access, and then hooked a flexible bit extension to my impact driver and was able to get it in position to loosen the back two screws. Here is what my seat looked like:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2019, 02:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks Iskyski. I think the setups are a bit different. When I slide the seat all the way forward I still can't even see the back of the slide rails. Does taking the two front screws out allow you to move the seat further forward? I haven't tried taking them out yet.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:51 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Maristar 200VRS

I donít think it does allow it to slide farther forward with them out. Now to clarify, I was unscrewing the bolts going up into the bottom of the seat. Then I took out the screws for the rails attached to floor box. Hopefully someone else has some ideas to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2019, 03:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 190 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartnich View Post
Thanks Iskyski. I think the setups are a bit different. When I slide the seat all the way forward I still can't even see the back of the slide rails. Does taking the two front screws out allow you to move the seat further forward? I haven't tried taking them out yet.

I had this same issue in a '95 190. I had to get a small #2 Phillips screwdriver bit that I could put in a socket and used the socket wrench to remove the screws. The space between the seat and the base is too short for a screwdriver.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:43 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Off set screwdriver set. $8.00

Then replace with hex head machine screws.

Even better, raise the seat with 2" aluminum channel between the seat and the base (if you prefer). Nice comfort mod as well as an easier point of (future) access to removing the seat.

Attached Images

Old 05-13-2019, 10:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks gentlemen. I will take another look at it in the morning. I was thinking that I had to take the slides off and then with the seat off I could remove the slides from the seat.

Waterlogged, do you have any pics of what the 2" aluminum rail set up looks like? That sounds like a really good idea.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1994 MASTERCRAFT 225 VRS LT1
Too late!!!! Remove seat cushions. Access holes in bottom of seat to get to the 4 mounting screws. Just did this yesterday. Took me an hour to figure it out in 5 minutes to do it.

I hope I'm not too late and this is of some assistance.

Thebruceclan.
First project.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:54 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartnich View Post
Thanks gentlemen. I will take another look at it in the morning. I was thinking that I had to take the slides off and then with the seat off I could remove the slides from the seat.

Waterlogged, do you have any pics of what the 2" aluminum rail set up looks like? That sounds like a really good idea.
I posted in another one of your threads of the last day or so.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Slide seat all the way forward and remove back screws. Slide the seat forward until you can get front screws through holes in seat bottom

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843