Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Other Items

Old 12-20-2018, 10:18 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 X-star
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlogged882 View Post
Looking for an 8S / 64gb / for Verizon.

Hopefully the 3G technology will be supported for a few more years.
There isn't really an 8S verizon of an iphone. There is an 8 and 8 Plus. The only "S" models that exist are in the iphone 6 series and the new X series.

Feel free to PM if you have any additional questions.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X Star
I've bought used phones before, but the battery capacity decreases with use. Do you check the capacity of the batteries before selling?
Old 12-20-2018, 03:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 X-star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastar View Post
I've bought used phones before, but the battery capacity decreases with use. Do you check the capacity of the batteries before selling?
It is really difficult to check the battery capacity accurately on phones. Apple has a feature on it that lets you know what the battery health is on it, but who knows how exact that is. Unless it keeps track of how many cycles the battery has been charged, but that gets tricky with partial charges. All the battery apps in the app store that test capacity aren't very good at all. There are too many moving pieces in checking battery health. It could be you have several apps that are constantly draining the battery and while it may seem like you have poor health because you battery is dying, it's actually how you are using the phone.

Personally, I feel there is still plenty of battery life left in phones after even 2 years of use. Furthermore, after about 2 years, the phone's value is about 1/2 what it was at brand new with still great performance. A battery replacement is probably around $100 so if you choose to go that route you certainly can and you are saving $$$ by not buying brand new.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X Star
Yeah, I bought my gs7 used a couple years ago. It's been good, but It seems like it dies really fast now. I downloaded accubattery and it seems to keep pretty good data. It says my battery capacity is 78%... I've gotten plenty of use out of it for what I paid. I wish it was easier to replace the batteries like the old ones... what do you have as far as galaxy for verizon and prices