Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-25-2019, 06:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
all the that matters is the bore spacing is the same for the first LS to the current ls9/lt whatever.... factory stroker crank is all that I care about
Old 05-28-2019, 04:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Sweet....wonder which lifters will go bad on this chevy engine? I hope the AFM system is available on it.
well they can toss in some shake with the AFM... and it will be perfect... My guess is the larger trucks don't have MPG requirements if they do buy a AFM delete... or go to the after market and get new lifters without AFM and tune the AFM out... warranty be [email protected]!!!

if in the market I would go with the 7.3 ford motor after year 2... I don't see the 6.6 (from the good ol' 400 Transam/firebird days) being able to match the ford numbers... and the new chevy is lacking towing mirrors that don't look like an afterthought... I guess I am old fashioned and want good tow mirrors that work...

my GMC mirrors are awesome now.. they have those bright white back up LED's that are really handy when parking a trailer at night! Ford can steal that idea I would be okay with that...
Old 05-28-2019, 04:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 X25
Only specs out now are for the GM but everyone assume the ford will be better because it’s bigger? The old 6.0 didn’t put up big numbers but had a solid torque curve, new motor adds more displacement and the benefits of DI. In the end I think GMs biggest shortcoming will be sticking with the 6l90 while Ford went 10speed and Ram is now 8speed. GM also announced that an 8L motor will be coming out shortly based off the new 6.6, but it looks like that will be for the 4500 and up chassis. :/e