PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Pump Elbow- 1/2"NPT to 1" Barb?

tenmile
10-19-2018, 01:58 PM
Had to replace a ballast pump on our Gen2 boat, and in the process I think I cracked one of the Nylon elbows connecting the hose to the pump. No big deal, I'll get another one... except for the life of me, I can't find one!

Does anyone know where to source a 1/2" NPT elbow to a 1" barb, preferably in Nylon? I've found 3/4" to 1", or 1/2" to 3/4", but seems that 1/2" to 1" is too far a stretch. None of the hardware stores have them, but I also seem to be striking out online (Grainger, etc). Wakemakers doesn't carry them either.

I'm almost to the point of adapting street elbows to a barb all in brass to make it work, but was hoping someone else has solved this challenge previously...

Bwag1961
10-19-2018, 03:48 PM
Had to replace a ballast pump on our Gen2 boat, and in the process I think I cracked one of the Nylon elbows connecting the hose to the pump. No big deal, I'll get another one... except for the life of me, I can't find one!

Does anyone know where to source a 1/2" NPT elbow to a 1" barb, preferably in Nylon? I've found 3/4" to 1", or 1/2" to 3/4", but seems that 1/2" to 1" is too far a stretch. None of the hardware stores have them, but I also seem to be striking out online (Grainger, etc). Wakemakers doesn't carry them either.

I'm almost to the point of adapting street elbows to a barb all in brass to make it work, but was hoping someone else has solved this challenge previously...
How about Tractor Supply?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

uliwake
10-20-2018, 08:46 AM
I had the same issue trying to find the elbow, could not find it , so finally I went for this other elbow (link below) was designed for a different application but so far worked perfect on my pump

https://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=60-5085

tenmile
10-21-2018, 08:01 PM
I had the same issue trying to find the elbow, could not find it , so finally I went for this other elbow (link below) was designed for a different application but so far worked perfect on my pump

https://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=60-5085

Perfect! I think this should work, thanks for the link!