PDA

View Full Version : New Winterization method...? Non Presurized

Tookeymonster
10-05-2018, 10:51 PM
This is for the new GDI motors only! Non Presurized Method. The pic is streight out of the Ilmor Owners Manual.

It was very easy and did not take long. After draing both water ports, one from motor and one from trany then I just followed instructions below. When you get to the poring the Antifreeze down the hose on the Port side you keep poring until it starts coming steadily out your starbord exhaust port out the back. Then like it says you poor into the starbord hose until it steadily come out the port exhaust. Water and then Antifreeze will come out the drive shaft before it come out the exhaust. You can hear it going through the exhaust at the motor right before it start to exit the back and keep pooring for that steady flow. (Used 6.5 gallons of Boat/RV Antifreeze, thats the amount the dealer would use)

My question is has anyone done it this way? And it was all good? I imagine it gets throughout the whole motor?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181006/bd6fb3a3258ccc7e2091ae0322db808b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wilhelmwake
10-06-2018, 04:06 PM
I did use it last year as I had to winterize the boat for some freezing nights, but usually I do not bother as I store my boat in a warm boat house.