PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new surf style board

mca1710
09-24-2018, 09:07 PM
Looking at some of the end of season deals out there I thought about getting a second board. I just started surfing last year and have a Phase 5 Matrix. I thought about getting a surf style board with a multi fin set up. I think we will get out 1 or 2 more times this year before we have to put the boat away.

I am just a novice and started surfing last year. I want to have a second board been looking at the Liquid Force Dart and Fang. Does anyone have experience with these boards?

I am also looking for suggestions for other boards. Hopefully I can order something this week so I can try it out before the weather gets cold.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RWojo
09-24-2018, 09:30 PM
Looking at some of the end of season deals out there I thought about getting a second board. I just started surfing last year and have a Phase 5 Matrix. I thought about getting a surf style board with a multi fin set up. I think we will get out 1 or 2 more times this year before we have to put the boat away.

I am just a novice and started surfing last year. I want to have a second board been looking at the Liquid Force Dart and Fang. Does anyone have experience with these boards?

I am also looking for suggestions for other boards. Hopefully I can order something this week so I can try it out before the weather gets cold.

Thanks for the help.

Lots of prior discussion threads. But I’d go Soulcraft or Parker Surfcraft. You will never look back.

Dan2060
09-25-2018, 12:22 AM
What about doomswell guys?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wendell
09-25-2018, 01:47 AM

Thanks for the help.

I agree with RWojo on the Soulcraft option!!!! These boards are amazing and you will not be disappointed.

John Johnson
09-25-2018, 08:16 AM
Email Jeff Wahlers at Soulcraft. He will put you on the right board. Worth every penny.

SteveO
09-25-2018, 09:09 AM
LOVE my Soulcraft Da Honu

maniacmikes
09-25-2018, 12:43 PM
I have a Soulcraft and a Doomswell. I like them both - they ride differently than each other, but one is not "better" than the other. Both are high quality, great builds and a million times better than most of the off-the-shelf boards.

With that said, if you are looking for a good deal on a closeout off-the-shelf type board, I have also ridden the Liquid Force Pod, and I really liked it..it is the closest thing to a Soulcraft/Doomswell type ride that I have found from any of the major manufacturers. However, there are so many board choices and everyone has come a long way in recent years; I have not ridden them all, and I have not ridden a lot of the really new boards - so I am sure there are others.

Randal03r1
09-25-2018, 03:14 PM
Liquid Force Super Tramp!!!

maniacmikes
09-25-2018, 04:15 PM
Liquid Force Super Tramp!!!

Thats more of a skim style board - he is looking for a surf style board.

mca1710
09-25-2018, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone I reached out to soul craft. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a board from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wallnut21
09-25-2018, 06:26 PM
My experience has been about 8 weeks.

John Johnson
09-25-2018, 06:40 PM
If you do custom paint about a month. Faster if you are buying from stock.

John Johnson
09-25-2018, 06:41 PM
My experience has been about 8 weeks.

I bought in the off season so my estimate may be inaccurate.

freeheeler88
09-29-2018, 01:04 PM
fwiw, I bought two darts earlier this year, one in the medium size for my kids, and a large for me and my buddies. We have a few other boards, but we all really like the dart, ride it the most. It does everything well depending on your fin set up. I also like the price relative to many other boards. I have some experience with a friends soulcraft, which was super nice, crazy fast, but I think it was pretty expensive as well. we surf behind an mb f22 with a pretty decent wave, but ordering an xt22 next month, pretty excited :)

wallos
09-29-2018, 10:31 PM
Thanks everyone I reached out to soul craft. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a board from them?

Good move! You will not be sorry. I ordered my board last year around this time and it was finished pretty quick.

Tookeymonster
10-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Email Jeff Wahlers at Soulcraft. He will put you on the right board. Worth every penny.

What this guy said! I just got my Soulcraft Voodoo and its amazing! I was riding a P5 Kong.

Jeff is awesome! He will take into account your height, weight, boat your are mostly behind, and riding style what tricks you are trying to learn and put you on the right board. He will also custom adjust boards to you as well, like shaving down the nose if needed and such.

Tookeymonster
10-01-2018, 01:33 PM

If it is in stock maybe 3-4 days. If building a base board maybe a week or 2. If your getting custom paint and custom board a couple weeks ago he was our 3 weeks I think. If you email him he will get back to you quickly.

outoftheoffice
10-02-2018, 04:04 PM
I'll second Doomswell. I've got an older Spark Plug and a newer El Jefe. They both ride great (if you're looking for something a little mellow) and so far I've had no issues with quality. Brock and Bryan are great to work with and very responsive.

IBR
10-02-2018, 04:31 PM
I've own a Doomswell Neo and Drone for about 2 years now. Both perform great, but I prefer the locked in feel of surf style Neo w/ 2x Futures 3.0 Thrusters.

But a custom Soulcraft has always been on my mind...

mca1710
10-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Thanks for all of the information. I just talked with Jeff at Soulcraft and put in an order for a 2019 version of the Honu. He said they are making some changes to upgrade the board.

Looking forward to getting the new board just not sure if I will be able to use it this year. Might have to wait until next season.