PDA

View Full Version : Gone to the "Dark Side"

TTKammer
09-17-2018, 03:47 PM
We've always been a Correct Craft family, but when I started looking for a "new to me" Nautique, the pickings were slim. The well-maintained ones were out of my price range, and the ones I could afford were trashed. Then I found this one. It was immaculate AND within my budget (barely). At that point I convinced myself that going over to the dark side probably wouldn't be all that bad. So here it is... my first MC (2006 ProStar 197 - MCX). As you can probably imagine from looking at the picture, I am thrilled! Looking forward to making it mine (tower, tint, etc...), and keeping it as meticulously-maintained as the previous owner has (something that I am very good at). Once I've had a chance dig into the new boat, I am sure I'll have some questions, but for now... just saying hello (and smiling from ear to ear).

Loewen
09-17-2018, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the family

bret
09-17-2018, 04:00 PM
welcome, beautiful boat1

tmothy07
09-17-2018, 04:02 PM
Welcome! Love the colors, and it looks pristine! Congrats

93Prostar190
09-17-2018, 04:11 PM
Nice Prostar!!!!

Double D
09-17-2018, 04:15 PM
Congrats!!! Welcome from the "Dark Side". New Dimensions Mini tower would the stock tower for that boat.

moosehead
09-17-2018, 04:27 PM
Congrats, way to make an entrance. She is sharp!

Hope you enjoy the Happy Meals in exchange for getting to ski behind a PS197.

TTKammer
09-17-2018, 05:01 PM
Congrats, way to make an entrance. She is sharp!

Hope you enjoy the Happy Meals in exchange for getting to ski behind a PS197.

Thanks. It was 3:00 PM at that point, and I was so excited about getting the boat that I hadn't eaten anything yet that day. Needed a Coke to keep my blood sugar from bottoming out (and had to pee too). Mission A and B accomplished!

TTKammer
09-17-2018, 05:25 PM
Congrats!!! Welcome from the "Dark Side". New Dimensions Mini tower would the stock tower for that boat.

I know everyone says "you'll shoot your eye out" with this tower, but this is the one I like (so many other towers just look too tall). I've looked at the ND mini, and it's not bad. Just not as sleek-looking as this one, in my opinion.

93Prostar190
09-17-2018, 05:38 PM
I know everyone says "you'll shoot your eye out" with this tower, but this is the one I like (so many other towers just look to tall). I've looked at the ND mini, and it's not bad. Just not as sleek-looking as this one, in my opinion.

10-4 Ö agreed on my 214 same way Ö

Although the ND Design from the 35th anniversary to now (if you get their Mini-Tower) is just as good with the rake and angle Ö.

The tall ND takes away the lines of the boat to much and is too upright Ö some pics Ö.

Covi
09-17-2018, 06:13 PM
Great looking MC! Welcome. This forum is a wealth of knowledge I think youíll find. I attached a couple pics of what it would look like with ZF3 mini tower. Donít believe anyone who says all it takes is one time (smashing your head) and you wonít do it again. I smash mine (bummer) all the time. Haha. The board racks, mirror, and bimini are awesome attachments I could not live without.

Question, did I see that you went from a similar color correct craft? Post up the pic.

TTKammer
09-17-2018, 07:02 PM
Great looking MC! Welcome. This forum is a wealth of knowledge I think youíll find. I attached a couple pics of what it would look like with ZF3 mini tower. Donít believe anyone who says all it takes is one time (smashing your head) and you wonít do it again. I smash mine (bummer) all the time. Haha. The board racks, mirror, and bimini are awesome attachments I could not live without.

Question, did I see that you went from a similar color correct craft? Post up the pic.

Your boat looks great! That's the look I am going for, and I love the idea of the integrated bimini and the board racks, mirror, etc...

The Nautique belongs to my brothers and I, and it's not going anywhere. I've been trying for years to buy them out of their share (because they never use it and I do all the maintenance), but they just weren't ready to part with their ownership of it... so my wife and I bit the bullet and got our own. The Nautique will be up at the lake house... ready for whoever wants to use it.

Here's the "other woman". '97 Ski Nautique 196. GT-40. Original Owner. 425 hours. Immaculate.

JohnE
09-17-2018, 07:02 PM
Congrats. Great looking boat. I'd go with the ND mini over the ZFT3 mini. I've posted this a few times. When you stand up with the newer tower, you have to duck under to go to the back of the boat. The ND is right above you. Despite what Covi says, I don't think it will take more than one good bump to make you never do it again.:D

GregS
09-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Congratulations!

Covi
09-17-2018, 08:03 PM
There it is. Correct craft looks great also.

Haha, I laugh at JohnE comment. Heís right. It should take the ďnormalĒ person a one time head crack to learn.

John, funny Iíve smashed the tower going from back to front. Iíve also caught the bimini between the eyes going the other direction. Haha not sure what hurt more.

Your boat looks great! That's the look I am going for, and I love the idea of the integrated bimini and the board racks, mirror, etc...

The Nautique belongs to my brothers and I, and it's not going anywhere. I've been trying for years to buy them out of their share (because they never use it and I do all the maintenance), but they just weren't ready to part with their ownership of it... so my wife and I bit the bullet and got our own. The Nautique will be up at the lake house... ready for whoever wants to use it.

Here's the "other woman". '97 Ski Nautique 196. GT-40. Original Owner. 425 hours. Immaculate.

mustangtexas
09-17-2018, 09:46 PM
197's are the best. Good job.

Yellow X9
09-17-2018, 09:55 PM
Great looking boat- I'm also a big fan of DD boats

tjrowbot
09-18-2018, 09:22 AM
Nice find and welcome. Are you in MI? I remember seeing that prostar somewhere online (I believe toward Detroit) and if not maybe Wayland? Either way, nice set up!

TTKammer
09-18-2018, 09:39 AM
Nice find and welcome. Are you in MI? I remember seeing that prostar somewhere online (I believe toward Detroit) and if not maybe Wayland? Either way, nice set up!

Thanks. I am very happy with the find!

Yes... I am in Michigan. I'm in Hartland (west side of Metro Detroit), but the boat came from the west side of the state... over near Kalamazoo (and yes, it was posted online in a few spots).

nicklagow
01-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Where did you get the mini ZFT3 tower?

LDA6339
01-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Where did you get the mini ZFT3 tower?

Old thread, you probably wont see a reply, but welcomr to TeamTalk!