PDA

View Full Version : Table Rock Lake

nosnarb
08-29-2018, 04:55 PM
Headed to Table Rock from OKC on Friday and staying through Sunday and rented a cabin near Eagle Rock. It is the first trip to TR with our '02 X-Star and plan on doing some skiing, wakeboarding and surfing. Any recommended places to hit on TR or places to avoid? How are the lake conditions?

Thanks!!!

Table Rocker
08-29-2018, 05:10 PM
I am not sure what route you are taking to get there, but I like I-40 & I-49 over I-44 & 412, especially when pulling a trailer. No stops, no tolls and better scenery. Compare the routes and see if it is viable for you. There are some tougher grades to pull on I-49.

Table Rock is at 913 now, which is a little low but not a problem. I am on a different part of the lake, so I can't comment about things around Eagle Rock.

nosnarb
08-29-2018, 05:18 PM
Thanks Table Rocker! I'm using my '16 4runner to tow it so I may stick to the I-44 & 412 route to minimize the grades. I have a pike pass so that at least takes care of the toll roads through Oklahoma.

Looks to be around 5 hours for both routes so not much of a gain there.

lees23
08-29-2018, 05:23 PM
Eagle rock is beautiful and quiet, but there isn’t a ton down there. Watch your depth down there, you can go from 80’ to 3’ very quickly and still be a ways away from the shore. Might be a good idea to get a map of the water depths in that area.

mzimme
08-29-2018, 06:17 PM
You'll have fun. There's a good cove to hang out in at around the 21mm if you'd like to relax for a bit. You can find good water out there no problem. Have fun!

nosnarb
08-29-2018, 06:21 PM
21mm puts me over by Shell Knob correct? I've been reading a bunch of older threads on here and that evidently is the area to head to.

I was thinking about trying the Navionics app on this trip to help keep tabs on the water depths. Anyone have a good source for a map of the water depths as a back up?

wallnut21
08-29-2018, 06:24 PM
Shell knob area has good water depth.

mzimme
08-29-2018, 06:30 PM
21mm puts me over by Shell Knob correct? I've been reading a bunch of older threads on here and that evidently is the area to head to.

I was thinking about trying the Navionics app on this trip to help keep tabs on the water depths. Anyone have a good source for a map of the water depths as a back up?

That's correct. Shell Knob is a little calmer.

mustangtexas
08-29-2018, 06:39 PM
You can get a really good map at any marina store. I did and studied the crap out of it. We had no problems getting around the lake from Long Creek all the way up to Kimberling City. You will burn through a lot of fuel cruising around as it's a long way from point A to Point B but well worth the expense. Great lake. It does get rough in the stretch by the dam with open water, tubers everywhere and big boats plowing through. Plenty of coves to explore. We are planning to go back next year for the MasterCraft reunion in June.

kslakelife
08-31-2018, 10:02 AM
Make a trip to SK.. Best water on the lake

neil.anderson63
08-31-2018, 11:41 AM
Eagle rock is a great place for busy weekends. Go under the bridge and around the corner to Arkansas. Keep going past Holiday Island. It gets narrow and the water is always glass down there.
Watch the bank on your right for seasonal waterfalls. We’ve had a bunch of rain so you will get to see those.
The water past Holiday Isle will get colder, watch your depth back there and stay on the deep side of the river.
This end of the lake is where we hang out. I could write a book

Diesel
08-31-2018, 03:24 PM
you are on the best part of the lake and you don't need to worry about water depths until you get to the backside of Holiday Island. A few points of interest:

Cave cliff dive just on your right up (toward Arkansas) the lake from Eagle Rock.
Point 25 has great cliff jumping as well.
Holiday Island had beer and pizza if you need a snack.
BigM Marina has a good restaurant on the water.
Pizza Hut is up by Shell Knob.

We will be out and about in that area all weekend. Blue Prostar 209.

nosnarb
09-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! We ventured up to Shell Knob and played around on Saturday. Sunday we ventured around the corner from Eagle Rock and went down towards Holiday Island...Evidently we didnt go far enough in that direction. It got a little busy at times from passing traffic but if we gave it a few minutes it would die down and we were good to go again.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=1576&pictureid=9591