PDA

View Full Version : Xt21 Reviews

cobalt650
05-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Hi gang. Anyone have an XT21 in the water yet? Looking for the best ski/surf boat. Probably 70% surf, 30% ski. Thanks!

moosehead
05-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Subscribed. Based upon our own 70 surf / 30 ski X10, gotta think it is dayum good.

JohnE
05-08-2017, 11:12 PM
It will be my next boat if I upgrade in the next year or so. I look forward to some reviews here.

kelly_norcalmastercraft
05-09-2017, 04:48 PM
XT is definitely a good cross over boat! If your looking for the best surf and ski boat i would go with the X23. The gen 2 surf system allows you to get a custom surf wave adjusted to your preference. Give it a try, you won't regret it! Goodluck

ap77
05-09-2017, 05:29 PM
XT is definitely a good cross over boat! If your looking for the best surf and ski boat i would go with the X23. The gen 2 surf system allows you to get a custom surf wave adjusted to your preference. Give it a try, you won't regret it! Goodluck

I don't think waterskiing behind the X23 is a good idea unless you like getting air...:D

JBaker
05-09-2017, 06:00 PM
I don't think waterskiing behind the X23 is a good idea unless you like getting air...:D

Agree, given the start to that post, wonder if he meant XT23.

XC500mod
05-09-2017, 06:02 PM
I'm curious if the XT21 is any different than a '13-'17 x10 with Gen2?

ap77
05-09-2017, 06:12 PM

I am curious too. It's early still , but there have been zero reviews. Hopefully somebody will post something up soon. I would expect the XT21 will be an improvement over the X10 similar to reviews of the XT23 vs the X30.

Morety
05-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Have we gotten any thorough reviews of any of the XTs yet? Maybe I've just missed some of those threads, but it's May now, there should be some thorough reviews coming out of the southern locales.

MC25
05-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Have we gotten any thorough reviews of any of the XTs yet? Maybe I've just missed some of those threads, but it's May now, there should be some thorough reviews coming out of the southern locales.

Lots on the XT. I spent a little bit on one as well before we bought the 30.

JohnE
05-09-2017, 08:58 PM

Based on my conversations with someone at the factory, there is a pretty substantial difference as far as slalom. (depending on what your quantification of substantial is. :D)

JohnE
05-09-2017, 08:59 PM
:D:D:DAll these XT21 inquiries really makes me want to get out there and be able to answer them.

cdstukey
05-09-2017, 11:16 PM
Based on my conversations with someone at the factory, there is a pretty substantial difference as far as slalom. (depending on what your quantification of substantial is. :D)

Substantially better or worse?

CottagerGreg
05-10-2017, 12:04 AM
Good friend is picking up his XT21 next week. Likely go for a surf and pull on that weekend.

I will have full documented review with video and poctures

Tony Webb
05-10-2017, 06:01 PM
We had our local dealer demo one back in early march, surf wake was great and I actually thought the ski wake was better than an X2
The auto launch was the best feature of the boat.....

ttu
05-10-2017, 06:26 PM
We had our local dealer demo one back in early march, surf wake was great and I actually thought the ski wake was better than an X2
The auto launch was the best feature of the boat.....

what is the factory ballast in the xt21?

Tony Webb
05-10-2017, 07:59 PM
I am not to sure but it also had the factory plug and play bags

JohnE
05-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Substantially better or worse?

Better, which is why I have been considering one. Won't be this year, though.

rasi54
08-22-2017, 11:34 PM
This boat is amazing. The surf even has a curl. Prior boat was X25 and no comparison. Like the driveability in turns. Still have wake shape changing based on people placement/moving as do other boats.

Mastercraftdave
08-22-2017, 11:56 PM
Who says the X23 isn't a good cross over boat?

A good family friend broke out the slalom ski. I also made a run. Got up first try after 15 years of not putting a ski on.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170823/f3aa9d77c31515bafa4a5c0d1b314bd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gt23
08-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Who says the X23 isn't a good cross over boat?

A good family friend broke out the slalom ski. I also made a run. Got up first try after 15 years of not putting a ski on.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170823/f3aa9d77c31515bafa4a5c0d1b314bd4.jpg

Nice.

cobalt650
08-23-2017, 01:35 PM
As time goes on I'm wondering how the surf and slalom wakes compare between the XT21 and XT22.

MC25
08-23-2017, 02:17 PM
Dave, the slalom wake says that's not a good crossover. Lol

jjones
08-23-2017, 03:10 PM
I've put right at 100 hours on my XT21 so far this summer. I haven't put a ski or wakeboard in the water behind it, but we've spent lots and lots of hours surfing. The surf wave is amazing on it! It's normally just me, the wife, our 5 year old, and 19 month old in the boat and it is still a very impressive surf wake. The factory steep and mellow profiles work great and we've made a few custom profiles to stretch the wave out more and have been able to surf pretty far back with plenty of push still. I've surfed Mastercrafts from NXT22 to XT21 to XT23 to X23 and this XT21 is the most impressive to me behind the X23, which is obviously to be expected. I like my XT21 wave much better than the XT23 wave. I've impressed several people over the summer with it that just never dreamed at 21 foot boat could produce such an impressive wakesurf wave. I've never had more than 4 adults in the boat at once, so I can't speak for how much better it may be with a full load of people in it. I have played around with the factory ski and wakeboard profiles just to look at the wake and lack of wakes, which both look good as well. All in all we have been super happy with the boat and the performance of it. It's got a really good amount of storage for a 21 footer. It cuts and turns really well and is just an all around fun boat to drive.

My ONLY gripe about this boat is the lack of a trash can...and yes I know that's petty :)

I'm happy to answer any specific questions any of you guys may have about this particular model.

BTW...it'll be up for sale in the next couple of weeks as we're getting ready to place an order for our 2018 boat! We are really going to hate letting this boat go, but it'll be a new year and time for a new boat.

Mastercraftdave
08-23-2017, 03:48 PM
Dave, the slalom wake says that's not a good crossover. Lol

I know that and I was actually jumping the wave while crossing it. It was actually pretty fun.

MC25
08-23-2017, 03:54 PM
I know that and I was actually jumping the wave while crossing it. It was actually pretty fun.

Yeah because that wake looks like what my s&s looks like at 21mph lol

XT21LakeAnna
08-25-2017, 11:52 AM
JJones - what are you doing to stretch the wave? Center tap? Please share your setting.
Thanks

I've put right at 100 hours on my XT21 so far this summer. I haven't put a ski or wakeboard in the water behind it, but we've spent lots and lots of hours surfing. The surf wave is amazing on it! It's normally just me, the wife, our 5 year old, and 19 month old in the boat and it is still a very impressive surf wake. The factory steep and mellow profiles work great and we've made a few custom profiles to stretch the wave out more and have been able to surf pretty far back with plenty of push still. I've surfed Mastercrafts from NXT22 to XT21 to XT23 to X23 and this XT21 is the most impressive to me behind the X23, which is obviously to be expected. I like my XT21 wave much better than the XT23 wave. I've impressed several people over the summer with it that just never dreamed at 21 foot boat could produce such an impressive wakesurf wave. I've never had more than 4 adults in the boat at once, so I can't speak for how much better it may be with a full load of people in it. I have played around with the factory ski and wakeboard profiles just to look at the wake and lack of wakes, which both look good as well. All in all we have been super happy with the boat and the performance of it. It's got a really good amount of storage for a 21 footer. It cuts and turns really well and is just an all around fun boat to drive.

My ONLY gripe about this boat is the lack of a trash can...and yes I know that's petty :)

I'm happy to answer any specific questions any of you guys may have about this particular model.

BTW...it'll be up for sale in the next couple of weeks as we're getting ready to place an order for our 2018 boat! We are really going to hate letting this boat go, but it'll be a new year and time for a new boat.

jjones
08-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Start with your factory mellow setting then increase your speed from 11 to 11.2-11.4, yes add a tad of center tab (not too much or you'll flatten it, just depends how many folks are in your boat and where they're sitting on how much tab) Put people in the front of your boat. I have a 25' Ronix surf rope and with it attached to the side tow point of the tower if I get back to the very end of it with my arm stretched as far as possible, that's where my curl is. So its roughly 18' I'd guess from the back edge of the swim deck.

Honestly though, I have no problem with the factory mellow setting. I went with just me and one other person yesterday so only a driver in the boat while we took turns surfing on the factory mellow setting and I'd say getting back 14-15' was no problem at all to recover from. And we were riding fairly small skim style boards

XT21LakeAnna
08-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Thanks jjones, I will try that. Good luck with the sale.

CottagerGreg
08-26-2017, 09:48 PM
Really impressed with the xt21. Surf wave and the ski wake is decent. I could pull through but there was a noticeable bump...table and bump.. not like my Jcraft which is non existent.

Black ‘n Green
04-24-2018, 11:40 PM
Start with your factory mellow setting then increase your speed from 11 to 11.2-11.4, yes add a tad of center tab (not too much or you'll flatten it, just depends how many folks are in your boat and where they're sitting on how much tab) Put people in the front of your boat. I have a 25' Ronix surf rope and with it attached to the side tow point of the tower if I get back to the very end of it with my arm stretched as far as possible, that's where my curl is. So its roughly 18' I'd guess from the back edge of the swim deck.

Honestly though, I have no problem with the factory mellow setting. I went with just me and one other person yesterday so only a driver in the boat while we took turns surfing on the factory mellow setting and I'd say getting back 14-15' was no problem at all to recover from. And we were riding fairly small skim style boards

2017 XT21, mellow setting @ 10.8 mph, 3 adults in the boat and 400 lbs lead. All ballast is full, but the stock plug ‘n play bags don’t completely fill the lockers when full, leaving 6” top air space. Curl is 15ft off the swim step.

Looking forward to delivery of CottegerGreg’s boat in May and this thread getting some new life. It has been pretty quiet.

I posted a short video that I think reflects the wave described in JJones’ earlier post.

XT21LakeAnna
04-25-2018, 06:47 AM
I have added 500 pounds of lead but have not been out yet. Hopefully if weather holds we are going out Sunday and will report back. Looking forward to a great summer.

SteveO
04-25-2018, 09:43 AM
I have added 500 pounds of lead but have not been out yet. Hopefully if weather holds we are going out Sunday and will report back. Looking forward to a great summer.

NXT20, you need the mods to change ur user name :)

CottagerGreg
04-25-2018, 09:51 AM
Looking forward to delivery of CottegerGreg’s boat in May and this thread getting some new life. It has been pretty quiet.

I pick up the new whip on the 4th of May and hope the ice is gone by then. We have late Spring. Normally 3rd weekend in May we have all the boats ready to go already.

I plan on adding some 440's to the mix and see how it effects the wake for surfing. My boat will have the factor PnP system.

PS- Youtube video of my friend XT21 from Last summer. Think June timeframe. No extra ballast in boat other than PnP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGPHHNx-o0g&t=13s

XT21LakeAnna
04-25-2018, 10:25 AM
NXT20, you need the mods to change ur user name :)

Yes I do. :D

XT21LakeAnna
04-25-2018, 10:35 AM
I pick up the new whip on the 4th of May and hope the ice is gone by then. We have late Spring. Normally 3rd weekend in May we have all the boats ready to go already.

I plan on adding some 440's to the mix and see how it effects the wake for surfing. My boat will have the factor PnP system.

PS- Youtube video of my friend XT21 from Last summer. Think June timeframe. No extra ballast in boat other than PnP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGPHHNx-o0g&t=13s

Welcome to the XT21 club Greg. Looking forward to hearing more after you get a chance to dial it in. Sweet video.

Here is a video my son put together from last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyy3-JGpUiM

rtch_atl
04-25-2018, 10:55 AM
Welcome to the XT21 club Greg. Looking forward to hearing more after you get a chance to dial it in. Sweet video.

Here is a video my son put together from last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyy3-JGpUiM

Awesome video!

CottagerGreg
04-25-2018, 03:03 PM
I hope to have the goPro's and drone out to make some footage. Stay tuned

g-mantrix
04-26-2018, 10:55 PM
Considering the XT21 for my next boat, but as much as the surf wave is getting all the attention and a great wrap btw, keen to hear feedback on wakeboard wake, pls share [emoji106]

dmgimenez
05-21-2018, 09:39 PM
another example of why you don't take your boat to dealer for repairs. my nxt20 sold while it was there. had a guy offer me more than i paid for it and couldn't turn it down. ended up with an 2018 xt21. love this boat and what an upgrade from last year. the surf wake is outstanding. couldn't be happier. will try to post pics if possible.

XC500mod
05-21-2018, 09:48 PM
Dude that’s awesome!

g-mantrix
05-21-2018, 10:22 PM
another example of why you don't take your boat to dealer for repairs. my nxt20 sold while it was there. had a guy offer me more than i paid for it and couldn't turn it down. ended up with an 2018 xt21. love this boat and what an upgrade from last year. the surf wake is outstanding. couldn't be happier. will try to post pics if possible.

Awesome look forward to pics

XT21LakeAnna
05-21-2018, 10:35 PM
You will love XT21, I also came from a NXT20.

CottagerGreg
05-21-2018, 11:35 PM
Had 13 hours on the boat already. 2 weekends and 10 hours of use. Cruising, ski and surf and yet to wakeboard but I saw the wake and can hardly wait to try it. Left the PnP full and setup the wakeboard profile. Wake look huge..not too wide

g-mantrix
06-18-2018, 08:32 PM
Keen to see more with the wakeboard wake, especially if not too wide
Anyone else have experiences with the XT21?

CottagerGreg
06-18-2018, 11:29 PM
Meant to ride the board on weekend but ended up surfing. I will try this coming weekend