PDA

View Full Version : Feeler- Aluminum Maristar panels- anyone interested?

gweaver
05-07-2017, 12:39 AM
All,
A couple of members have approached me about making aluminum versions of the Maristar panels I currently make out of plastic. I've talked to a friend who runs a machine shop, he can do the work, but I need to make sure the market is there. I've attached a link to the panel set I'd be making. The panels would be CNC'd from 1/8" aluminum, anodized black and then the text would be laser-etched in to the anodizing.

LINK (https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg5oorzs05a2o3e/7-switch%20maristar%20panels.pdf?dl=0)

Unlike the plastic panels, I am offering no customization- they would look identical to the panels in the link above. If you have the older style Maristar dash with either 5 or 6 switch holes, you'd have two extra switch holes for future expansion.

If you are interested, please let me know what you'd be willing to pay for a set. He hasn't run the numbers, but he suggested I check and see what folks would pay before we sit down and do the math on set-up and machine time. If you're interested, either respond here or shoot me a PM.

My apologies for not knowing specific years, but I think the same general panel pattern fits 92-97 Maristars.

If this is not the appropriate place to post this, could a mod either move it or let me know and I'll nuke it.
Thanks,
Greg

TX - Longhorns
05-07-2017, 10:56 AM
PM sent Greg...

CantRepeat
05-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Great offer and leg work. GL with this project!

Tsumi
05-08-2017, 01:27 AM
Anything for early 2000 Prostars?

gweaver
05-08-2017, 09:25 AM
No plans at this time, sorry.
Pretty sure I don't have a template for those years either.
G