PDA

View Full Version : Michigan riders - Wake Wednesdays? or something similar?

Roman
05-02-2017, 12:41 PM
So I think this was mentioned last year and some people said we should do it, so I am throwing it out there before I put an add on kijiji (canada's craigslist) looking for riders.

This year I'm getting screwed. My wife works a lot and has her horses down so she would rather spend time with them at the stable, and my roommate would rather hit the gym or go kiting or hang out with his gf. My core friends cant commit to a day, and most dont care to ride.

So, does anyone want to try to form a hangout? I cant be the only one who wants to ride but cant get three people together who are committed.

I am located in Dearborn, Mi (well I work in Dearborn, I live in Windsor, On, Canada) but Im willing to travel up to an hour. I can probably get out of work early (3pm is early to me, I might be able to swing 230 if I get in real early) if we pick a day. Im a beginner level wake-boarding, ride with 500lb of ballast and have my own gear. No point in discussing further unless we get more interest.

So, anyone?

MI_Corey
05-02-2017, 12:49 PM
I would certainly be interested, even if it was every other week or so. I'm down close to Dundee, MI so somewhere in the middle of us may not be bad. Either way, we should definitely go ride sometime.

Wheelin98TJ
05-02-2017, 01:02 PM
I'd be interested.

I'm west of both of you guys at Devils Lake, MI.

bturner2
05-02-2017, 03:12 PM
I'm up in Brighton but the boats are in White Lake. We really don't do any boarding anymore and have started surfing for the most part. We do try to get some slalom in but that's typically last minute and in the early morning.

dvsone79
05-03-2017, 01:00 AM
I'm nowhere near you so I can't help, but just wanted to chime in and say I support your cause 100%. When I got my boat I never dreamed it would be this difficult to get people to go with me. The struggle is real.

Roman
05-03-2017, 09:28 AM
I'm nowhere near you so I can't help, but just wanted to chime in and say I support your cause 100%. When I got my boat I never dreamed it would be this difficult to get people to go with me. The struggle is real.

I know. I wish I bought a smaller boat now. Kinda silly taking 24 feet out when you can barely convince two others to come out.

MI_Corey
05-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Got out Saturday and pretty much had the lake to ourselves other than the fishers. Pretty rusty but ready to ride!

mikewoods
05-16-2017, 01:32 PM
I'm in Highland and would be interested in meeting up or hosting.

Slvr Bulit
05-16-2017, 01:54 PM

I second this. I can't believe how hard it is to find people who want to go out in the boat. It actually amazes me.

MI_Corey
05-16-2017, 02:25 PM

If I left work an hour early I could get up there on a weekday. It's about an hour from me.

clrussell
05-16-2017, 02:52 PM
I second this. I can't believe how hard it is to find people who want to go out in the boat. It actually amazes me.

Amen...

I'd kill for a driver

Roman
05-16-2017, 07:11 PM

Highland is also only an hour from dearborn. If we pick a day I can easily leave work early. To me early is about 2.

Burdhntr
05-16-2017, 08:23 PM
I'll join you guys at some point! I've got a good crew here, but I love to ski other water and hangin with some guys from Team Talk would be awesome! I live in GR, but get over there about once every other week.

rlwagens
05-16-2017, 08:46 PM
This needs to happen, I don't have a mastercraft to bring to the party but MI_Corey can vouch for me as an honorary member haha. I'm in Belleville but my boat is on Sand Lake about 50 minutes west down 12. I only work 3 days a week so I'm always down to host something or drive if it means lake time.

MI_Corey
05-17-2017, 07:58 AM
I can be at rlwagens place by 5 any night of the week so we just need another person. And yes I can vouch for him, but I don't know about an honorary member? haha

Burdhntr
05-17-2017, 09:09 AM
I might be able to do next week. Today won't work for me, and I'm trying to figure what's up with my fuel sending issues.

MI_Corey
05-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Non Wednesdays are usually better for me, but I can usually make any weekday work

Roman
05-17-2017, 04:22 PM
Sand lake is about 2 hours and 40 minutes away for me. I cant do that unfortunately.

If MikeWoods wants to host, I can easily do that.
Mike what days work best for you? Do you trailer or do you have a slip?

Aizukovs
05-17-2017, 10:41 PM
I'm on Union Lake, in Commerce Township. My boat (1988 PS 190) has a tower and is ready to go for slalom, wakeboarding, and even some entry level wakesurfing (I have 1k worth of sacs and a Bobv5 suckgate)

My schedule always changes, but I always have at least 2-3 weekdays during the week where I'm either off or I don't start work until 5pm.

If someone else was looking to host on their boat, I have all my own supplies (jackets, suits, ropes, gloves, boards/skis) and will travel up to 45 mins outside of Commerce, more if it was a full day commitment.

MI_Corey
07-13-2017, 08:03 AM
Just wanted to update this thread. I had a house fire a month ago and my boat had a lot of damage from the heat since it was in the driveway when it happened so I have been without my boat for a month now. Should have my boat back by the end of July and then I would love to have some of you guys out to ride.

waterbuffalo
07-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Sorry to hear about your luck Corey.

I kick myself in the butt for selling our CSX, but it was for a good cause.

We live in lake orion.
My wife and I are both beginner wakeboaders. I do have access to long lake in lake orion ( private lake ). Our baby sitter (grandma) is in commerce twp. We have all our own gear with a surf board (never did use it). So hit us up if someone wants a 2nd or 3rd. The weekends are better for us, During the week I can get a few hours to play around.

Let us know if anyone wants to set something up.

It won't be long and we will be back in it.

bdwb
07-13-2017, 07:42 PM
Anyone want to ride on my boat tomorrow or Saturday at 10am? I am in Brighton/hartland area. I have an x10 - surf or wake.

waterbuffalo
07-13-2017, 08:40 PM
Anyone want to ride on my boat tomorrow or Saturday at 10am? I am in Brighton/hartland area. I have an x10 - surf or wake.

😎 hey! I work a half day Saturday till 11am My wife and I could be out there around 1pm sat. I do know it gets busy on the weekends. Also Sunday we have open all day. If not we can try again another time. Shoot me a pm if interested 😎.

Roman
07-14-2017, 10:25 AM

Yup! I do! Sent you a PM!

Roman
07-14-2017, 10:31 AM
I'm on Union Lake, in Commerce Township. My boat (1988 PS 190) has a tower and is ready to go for slalom, wakeboarding, and even some entry level wakesurfing (I have 1k worth of sacs and a Bobv5 suckgate)

My schedule always changes, but I always have at least 2-3 weekdays during the week where I'm either off or I don't start work until 5pm.

If someone else was looking to host on their boat, I have all my own supplies (jackets, suits, ropes, gloves, boards/skis) and will travel up to 45 mins outside of Commerce, more if it was a full day commitment.

You are close enough for me! I will send you a PM with my number. Ill gladly leave work early if you want to kick an evening session? I Cant really do mornings as work isn't flexible enough for that

rlwagens
07-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Anyone interesting in compiling numbers and starting a group chat or something? I have so many random days off now (not that I'm complaining) its getting easier to just mass text people when I'm heading to the cottage or free to be a third than set up some sort of schedule.

And Corey, who did you go to in order to get your boat back so fast? Did you ever check out the guy in Ida?

MI_Corey
07-17-2017, 08:06 AM
Anyone interesting in compiling numbers and starting a group chat or something? I have so many random days off now (not that I'm complaining) its getting easier to just mass text people when I'm heading to the cottage or free to be a third than set up some sort of schedule.

And Corey, who did you go to in order to get your boat back so fast? Did you ever check out the guy in Ida?

I'm good with the group text/email idea. I'm using the guy that Action in Fenton uses. Supposedly he is very good. Most of the other work on the boat/trailer can be done while he is doing the glass work so they were telling me 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping by late this week or early next I'll have a boat again, especially since dad just sold his too so I haven't been able to go at all.

Roman
07-17-2017, 09:41 AM
Ill post my number.

three one three 9 1 too six for one 2
Im located in Dearborn, Mi.

I do have a boat but it is located in Windsor, On so I doubt anyone wants to cross the border.

Corey sorry to hear about your loss!

waterbuffalo
07-17-2017, 12:15 PM
I like the idea. Brian & Cori @ 248- 302-558six. We are out of lake orion area. We only surf and wakeboard.

Hey! here's what we come with. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170717/17dce488fa8193b485de9f5f4a7166f1.png that's my wife. And me trying to surf a lame excuse for a wake. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170717/1afdcb28aa98a1e00f56615ced39cfbc.png we currently don't have a boat, but have all the gear, and will travel.

Let us know. We come as a package. 😂. any one who needs a 3rd and or a 4th feel free to text us.

Roman
07-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Does anyone want to make some plans for the weekend? specifically Sunday as I unfortunately am helping a friend move Saturday

rlwagens
07-20-2017, 09:15 AM
I'm in the wrong direction for most of you guys but if anyone wants to make the trek out to Onsted/Tecumseh area shoot me a text. Plan to prolly be out there all morning/day tomorrow and most of the weekend. 517-six7three-zero3nine9

waterbuffalo
07-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately "life is not good" as I have to work all weekend.

Roman
07-28-2017, 10:31 AM
Ok well Im available Sunday (Im helping a friend move saturday).

Im willing to drive as I tried my hardest to get some friends and even coworkers together for Sunday but failed miserably.

rlwagens
07-28-2017, 03:03 PM
I'm on vacation until I leave for Cumberland thurs morning, if anyone wants to meet up just shoot me a text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roman
08-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Does anybody want to ride this weekend? I am willing to drive!

MI_Corey
08-01-2017, 03:45 PM
To those on here, you can reach me @ 419four8one44ninesix. Rode with Roman and rlwagens last weekend but it was rough! Roman, how far is Pinckney for you? We are debating going on Saturday.

Roman
08-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Im in. Ill text you.

Roman
08-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Corey has some family plans that got in the way.
Anyone else need another rider? Im in as long as its not too far of a drive for me. 1.5 hours from Windsor I can do if we are spending the day on the water.

I bring my own food/drinks/gear and gas money! Tell me your MCOCD rules and I will gladly oblige!

I've even posted my own ad on Kijiji (Canadians version of Craigslist) looking for interested bodies.

I have some friends that want to go on the boat, but once they realize Im not going on the water to float and get drunk, they lose interest

Roman
08-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Anyone need a third this weekend? or a forth, fifth, ect lol.

Roman
08-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Whoring myself out again incase anyone needs a driver/observer/rider For either Friday or Sunday! If two people want to come to Windsor Canada we can take my boat out! No one here wants to go with me (I Dont think Im that bad to hang out with lol).

waterbuffalo
08-24-2017, 07:02 PM
Whoring myself out again incase anyone needs a driver/observer/rider For either Friday or Sunday! If two people want to come to Windsor Canada we can take my boat out! No one here wants to go with me (I Dont think Im that bad to hang out with lol).

Lol! We would love to but it's a drive from where we are at. Where do you put in at lake ST Clair ?? Or Detroit river ??

Roman
08-24-2017, 08:07 PM
Lol! We would love to but it's a drive from where we are at. Where do you put in at lake ST Clair ?? Or Detroit river ??

Where are you again? I deleted all my pm's since my inbox got full. Im willing to drive a bit farther to someone. Up to like 1.5 hours. That's a pretty good radius.

I ride at bois blanc island at the inlet to lake erie.

I drop the boat in at Ranta Marina.

waterbuffalo
08-26-2017, 06:52 AM
Hey, roman. I'm not really fond of the water down their right now. They have an toxic algae bloom going on right now down at that end of Lake Erie.

If you ever get out this way, https://maps.google.com/?q=south%20river%20road%20launch On lake St Clair. I would be more than willing to meet up for half a day or hole day. I know the hole lake and St. Clair river system by the back of my hand. It's a short (15 min) boat ride across the lake to the river ( if the lake is a bit choppy). I am not cheep, so paying 50/50 for gas etc etc is not a problem. Let me know if you want to, i will shoot you my # again. We would need a third, because the nanny "aka" grandma went back to Florida, so wifie is out of the picture ☹️. Unless we can find a baby sitter.

Roman
08-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Hey, roman. I'm not really fond of the water down their right now. They have an toxic algae bloom going on right now down at that end of Lake Erie.

If you ever get out this way, https://maps.google.com/?q=south%20river%20road%20launch On lake St Clair. I would be more than willing to meet up for half a day or hole day. I know the hole lake and St. Clair river system by the back of my hand. It's a short (15 min) boat ride across the lake to the river ( if the lake is a bit choppy). I am not cheep, so paying 50/50 for gas etc etc is not a problem. Let me know if you want to, i will shoot you my # again. We would need a third, because the nanny "aka" grandma went back to Florida, so wifie is out of the picture ☹️. Unless we can find a baby sitter.

Lovely. I was out there Friday night as I met someone who wanted to board. I never drank so much lake water in my life that night and now i read this. Then when I was looking at the navionics app, I noticed that mouth is a designated "dumping area" for waste. I think Ill be sticking to Crystal bay in the meantime.

Im down for doing some exploring. The guy I went with Friday showed me a really cool spot that might work for some surfing! If you want to go during the week, then let me know early so i can leave work early. We would have to launch state side though to avoid all the border headaches. I dont think I'm supposed to cross, then pick up Americans. Easier for me legally to just trailer over then drop in state side.

Shoot me a text and we can talk more. 313 912 six for 1 too.

edit.
On a serous note, Is it bad to be boating in water that is having this algea bloom? for some reason I feel slight concern.

waterbuffalo
08-28-2017, 01:17 PM
Lovely. I was out there Friday night as I met someone who wanted to board. I never drank so much lake water in my life that night and now i read this. Then when I was looking at the navionics app, I noticed that mouth is a designated "dumping area" for waste. I think Ill be sticking to Crystal bay in the meantime.

Im down for doing some exploring. The guy I went with Friday showed me a really cool spot that might work for some surfing! If you want to go during the week, then let me know early so i can leave work early. We would have to launch state side though to avoid all the border headaches. I dont think I'm supposed to cross, then pick up Americans. Easier for me legally to just trailer over then drop in state side.

Shoot me a text and we can talk more. 313 912 six for 1 too.

edit.
On a serous note, Is it bad to be boating in water that is having this algea bloom? for some reason I feel slight concern.

Yes, you should be.
Just trying to help out a brother from another mother!! Lol. Check this out. It happens on inland lakes as well. I will text ya too. http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/07/13/lake-erie-algae-bloom/476306001/

rlwagens
05-11-2018, 04:42 PM
Anyone out riding yet? Already closing in on 10 hours so far this year, looking for people close to Brooklyn/Tecumseh that can meet for quick sets on random days.

SpartanNate
05-16-2018, 12:29 AM
I'm in mid-michigan (Bay City) - I haven't gotten my X2 out yet and probably won't happen until Memorial Day weekend because my daughter has her dance recital this weekend. That said, I do have every other Friday off from work - if there's anything going on this summer let me know and I may be able to make the trip down.

On a side note, my sister recently moved to downtown Detroit and her current boyfriend has a boat somewhere on Lake St Claire (a larger Four Winns with a cabin - more of a big lake cruiser) and he wants me to bring my X2 down this summer and hang out / tie-up. I don't know the lake but would like to. I get the sense it's rather large and for smaller boats could pose some challenges.

bturner2
05-16-2018, 07:47 AM
Depends on where, when and the conditions at the time on how boat-able it will be for your (our) type boat.

Lake St. Claire on a good weekday when no one is on it is outstanding. Very scenic, clear calm water and great places to visit by water. Flip that around to a high wind, sunny Saturday about 1 in the afternoon and it's a nightmare for a boat like ours. There are a lot of very large cruisers, go fasts, and runabouts of every kind out there. For the most part you're talking about a fairly shallow lake that can get chopped up quickly. If you pick you're day you can have a wonderful time and there are some great areas to explore and get a run in. Pick the wrong date/time and you'll be fighting large wakes, congested boat traffic and busy boat ramps.

Guess it depends on what you're looking for and when you plan to be there. If you haven't been there before I'd highly recommend doing the midweek, midday trip and enjoy the lake while it's calm and quiet.

waterbuffalo
05-19-2018, 11:08 PM
Yes to what bturner2 said. Go on a good day and you will love it.

XC500mod
05-20-2018, 03:36 AM
I used to live in the west part of the state, some referred to it as the Bible Belt. My buddy there was always talking about some day on lake st. Clare when people would skip work and go party. Was it called jobby nooner?

waterbuffalo
05-20-2018, 07:06 AM
I used to live in the west part of the state, some referred to it as the Bible Belt. My buddy there was always talking about some day on lake st. Clare when people would skip work and go party. Was it called jobby nooner?

You are correct and for those that want to avoid it, or go to it, its fri june22. It is the biggest bash of the year, at Gull island.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180520/a5e021821e4e0b571a0938025e656444.jpg https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180520/8dda8678f35bc63a81793c5bfa413b77.jpg

bturner2
05-20-2018, 08:36 AM
If you go have a designated driver, take a boat you can bang around and be prepared for all that hanging with a bunch of drunk people can bring to the table. Can be a ton of fun but it does draw multiple versions of law enforcement so be careful.

BlueLake715
05-21-2018, 10:37 AM
I live on Ford Lake in Ypsi I am primarily a slalom guy but wakeboarded in my younger days and still have a couple boards laying around. If anyone needs a third for wake or is interested in swerving behind my boat on Ford Lake send me a message

waterbuffalo
06-22-2018, 07:36 AM
Jobbie nooner today! [emoji16].....whoop! Whoooop!!!

I didnít know the founder of jobbie nooner is a self-made multi millionaire.

Hereís the article if anyone is interested.

https://jobbiecrew.com/exclusive-interview-billy-fritts/.

Roman
06-22-2018, 10:00 AM
Oh I see my old thread was resurrected!

Never been to jobbie nooner...something I need to do before I get too old.

Ive been out once on my boat so far this year. Water was chilly but its only getting warmer from here.

Anyone want to plan some riding for this year? Shot me a text. 31391264one2

As always, you are free to come to windsor canaduh but ill gladly come to you guys in michigan and bring some monies and my board . Just tell me your rules

Roman
06-25-2018, 02:34 PM
Are we going to put together a Michigan riding crew this season? To everyone I met last year, I lost your numbers. Lost my old iPhone at a golf course and never backed it up on the cloud.

Skiers Pier is doing a wakesurf wednesdays for surfing. Ill be attending
https://www.facebook.com/events/484267725337779/?event_time_id=484267738671111

Roman
07-06-2018, 09:41 AM
Anyone around here interested in getting some riding going?

04 Star Rider
07-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Oh I see my old thread was resurrected!

Never been to jobbie nooner...something I need to do before I get too old.

Ive been out once on my boat so far this year. Water was chilly but its only getting warmer from here.

Anyone want to plan some riding for this year? Shot me a text. 31391264one2

As always, you are free to come to windsor canaduh but ill gladly come to you guys in michigan and bring some monies and my board . Just tell me your rules

I too would love to make it to jobbie sometime. But that will be on someone else's boat where I have little responsibility besides not drowning. Side note, the next best thing may be to grab a cooler and lawn chair and set up at the nearest boat ramp to watch the comedy at the end of the day

d2jp
07-06-2018, 07:17 PM
So I think this was mentioned last year and some people said we should do it, so I am throwing it out there before I put an add on kijiji (canada's craigslist) looking for riders.

This year I'm getting screwed. My wife works a lot and has her horses down so she would rather spend time with them at the stable, and my roommate would rather hit the gym or go kiting or hang out with his gf. My core friends cant commit to a day, and most dont care to ride.

So, does anyone want to try to form a hangout? I cant be the only one who wants to ride but cant get three people together who are committed.

I am located in Dearborn, Mi (well I work in Dearborn, I live in Windsor, On, Canada) but Im willing to travel up to an hour. I can probably get out of work early (3pm is early to me, I might be able to swing 230 if I get in real early) if we pick a day. Im a beginner level wake-boarding, ride with 500lb of ballast and have my own gear. No point in discussing further unless we get more interest.

So, anyone?

So...I'm still re-reading the first post from last year trying to wrap my head around a WIFE and a ROOMMATE, LOL.

Roman
07-06-2018, 10:44 PM
So...I'm still re-reading the first post from last year trying to wrap my head around a WIFE and a ROOMMATE, LOL.

Well technically my cousin was my roomate. He was supposed to buy a house in a few months, but it was like 2 years. We work at the same company and live in the same town and we grew up together so its a unique case I guess.

Ive actually signed up for http://www.wakeboardclinic.com
Has anyone been here and tried it out? My work is flexible with hours as are they so I can break up a week long camp into whatever days suite me best. Bit of a drive but I could use the lessons

waterbuffalo
07-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Edit; this one. Well technically my cousin was my roomate. He was supposed to buy a house in a few months, but it was like 2 years. We work at the same company and live in the same town and we grew up together so its a unique case I guess.

Ive actually signed up for http://www.wakeboardclinic.com

Has anyone been here and tried it out? My work is flexible with hours as are they so I can break up a week long camp into whatever days suite me best. Bit of a drive but I could use the lessons

This is cool. We are working hard at getting back into boating, not this year, but maybe by next year. If not, I want to attend this wakeboard/surf clinic, for my wife, the little one, and me. Thanks for the link.

waterbuffalo
08-09-2018, 09:36 AM
I am linking this thread to this one. SE Michigan Surf Club / Group
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=25886&share_tid=86423&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emastercraft%2Ecom%2Fteamtal k%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D86423&share_type=t