PDA

View Full Version : 1st annual Wade Cox open tournament

atihanyi
05-01-2017, 10:04 PM
To all that are interested . My buddy Doug at The Liquid Edge in Farmer City Illinois has put together a grass roots tourney , Dates are June 10th and 11th and its open to all level skiers .All you need to do is be a USA waterski member and sign up . There will be at least one factory rep there along with , obviously , Wade Cox . You can ski either grass roots or your class for regional ranking . Our crew will be heading down on the 9th and besides helping we will all being skiing in it . If you don't know Doug he doesn't do anything small scale and this should be a blast . Looking forward to seeing some fellow tt member there . Oh and did I mention he is a Mastercraft dealer ?

moosehead
05-02-2017, 09:51 AM
One of the best, Wade went head to head with AM many times. Tremendous opportunity to watch and learn, and based on other Wade Cox events, he ends up in the boat.

Yooper
05-02-2017, 10:22 AM
One of the best, Wade went head to head with AM many times. Tremendous opportunity to watch and learn, and based on other Wade Cox events, he ends up in the boat.

Based on his pod cast he doesn't ski anymore. Never know though with his sponsors there he may do a set.

X7Dave
05-03-2017, 08:13 AM
John Traverse will also be there....

Jpalusk
06-09-2017, 07:22 PM
My wife has a bachelorette party tomorrow, so I'm going to spend the day at the liquid edge! Look for the guy carrying around a 9 month old haha. I need to start him out right.

Gonzo
06-10-2017, 09:57 AM
He is a good guy, he came to CSM back in 07 I believe, he got a good chuckle out of me on the course on my 1990 Concept. Not at me mind you, with me.... I am self aware...

atihanyi
06-17-2017, 10:43 PM
Just got back from Illinios and the tournament . You guys missed an awesome event . had almost 70 skiers and ran for two days . Got to see John Traverse run 41 off at 36 from 30 yards away . Had a blast hanging with Wade and ran a couple sets with him as well as 15 + with Doug over the 8 days we were there . Next year is looking to be even bigger and may involve a pro shoot out .

X7Dave
06-18-2017, 04:46 PM
I concur - it was a great couple of days. I was taking video of JT on his 41 pass close enough to get sprayed at 4 ball. Very cool. Doug and Kristen at The Liquid Edge have a great venue and are great hosts. After the Tournament Wade ran a 4 day clinic for a handful of very lucky young people.

waterlogged882
06-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Good deal on the event.

X7Dave
06-18-2017, 04:59 PM
What lake or body of water was the event? Just curious...

Private Lake in Farmer City, Illinois, at The Liquid Edge. They are the only ones on the well protected lake.
http://theliquidedge.com/

Master Craft Dealer/Service
Pro Shop - skis, wakeboards, SUP, wakeskate, vests, gloves, ropes, etc...
First Class coaching for all ages - skiing and wakeboard
Even a cable park with a big kicker and a nice long rail.

Highly recommened.