PDA

View Full Version : Deck... adjustable deck.

pmikler
05-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Here goes boys....

- I live on a river in FL that water depth adjust up to 3-5 feet during the year
- We have a sea wall so there is no "beaching the boat"
- At normal water high mark water is 5+ feet below sea wall.
- Right now when the boat is in the water while standing on the teak I am 7.5 feet below the deck of the dock.
- Currently any on boarding and off boarding process has me pull into the slip and lift the boat so its easy for people to get in and out (my parents, older or out of shape friends find it difficult to climb the ladder)
-The lake is 3 miles across, shallow and storms have destroyed every floating dock neighbors have put in- usually they last less than a year.
- i would like to be able to tie my boat up on nice days have easy access that doesn't involve me lifting and dropping constantly. So we can easily come and go for runs.

What I would like is an adjustable deck and the only thing I can think of is a shore station type lift that I build a deck on top of. I can then lower or raise it as needed. A hinged walkway with rollers on the end would be the way on and off of the deck.

Any other ideas? Anybody else have this issue? Its all I can come up with.

slalomjunkie
05-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Do you have any pics?

I'll draw up something I have seen that is permanent, it will be up to you make it adjustable.

hunter991
05-01-2017, 03:46 PM
perhaps a floating dock.

moosehead
05-01-2017, 04:12 PM
perhaps a floating dock.

This, with metal eye loops around pylons so she says in place yet can still fluctuate with varying water levels.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170501/cb266a2f280d1f2a860c05945a2294ea.jpg

slalomjunkie
05-01-2017, 04:17 PM
See if this makes sense.

You''d through bolt two long angle irons to the 4 pilings where the iron sticks out from your dock. You build a small deck on top of the protuding irons. You place a couple of bumpers to the end of the new deck to protect it from hitting your boat. Passengers would climb down a ladder onto the adjustable deck and into the boat, which will be at the water level. The one I have seen is not adjustable, but it is nice and carpeted.

All you have to do now is design a way to easily raise and lower it.

https://s14.postimg.org/e56eqje4x/Adjustable_Deck.jpg

pmikler
05-01-2017, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the replys. As stated a floating dock won't work. Picture attached to aid in some additional thoughts.