PDA

View Full Version : '08 X45 Gauges not working

mseller
05-01-2017, 03:21 PM
So first, I brought in my '08 X45 to get the triducer replaced due to the depth gauge not working. The place I brought it is not a mastercraft dealer but still very reputable and has done work for me plenty in past. Anyways, they called a mastercraft dealer, gave them my vin, got the part and installed. They claim they took it to the lake and verified that the depth was working. However, when I received the boat, NONE of my gauges(oil, temp, rpm, speed, depth, hours etc) are working except my volt gauge and the vdig shows air temp and water temp(not sure if it's accurate- said 74 degrees).

So it's back in the shop with them and they are banging their heads trying to figure out what's wrong. They were able to get a spare MMDC and swap it out but that didn't fix anything. Any ideas where to troubleshoot next?

One thing I noticed is that the part number of the new triducer does not match the old. But it could have just been updated right? Could too much current/voltage have gone somewhere and fried something? Unplugging the triducer doesn't fix anything.

MC25
05-01-2017, 03:25 PM
good battery?

mseller
05-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Yea when I first got it back, I didn't want to ruin the weekend so we ran it all weekend and besides the gauges not working was running great! No perfect pass was a PAIN IN THE ARS haha used the GPS on my phone to keep our speed

CottagerGreg
05-01-2017, 03:48 PM
I had a short in my electrical system. Started with sometimes gauges not working, sometimes boat just shutting off.

Check the ballast tank sensor. Usually below a small access hatch where the hard tanks are. Mine were cooked and almost looked like I would have had a boat fire if I did not catch it in time.

Thanks for my trusted dealer Buckeye Marine they help me diagnose, by-pass and get myself back to the dock on a late sunday afternoon last summer.

BrianS
05-01-2017, 04:19 PM
Check out my thread here for a similar issue:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=70959

Short story, you should be looking for corrosion in the CAN bus wires between the ECM and dash.