PDA

View Full Version : Bimini clip

Latin Flyer
04-29-2017, 08:50 AM
Hey guys, sorry for the non technical names here, but;
You know the clip thing that locks the Bimini top when you extend the pole?
The little thing was stuck and I push it and of course it went down into the pole and stuck.
So, how do I take it out? What is the name so I can order one and where?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach Mike
04-29-2017, 11:43 AM
Hey guys, sorry for the non technical names here, but;
You know the clip thing that locks the Bimini top when you extend the pole?
The little thing was stuck and I push it and of course it went down into the pole and stuck.
So, how do I take it out? What is the name so I can order one and where?

Thanks.

A picture would help for sure ...

jlane330
04-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Are you talking about the push button that pops in the hole to lock the telescoping tubes in place? If so, you can probably remove the sliding outer tube and access the push button inside the tube. They are usually just a piece of bent metal, so it probably just needs to be re-positioned.

They are called spring buttons. Here's an example: https://www.mcmaster.com/#92988a650/=17eqpmw

Latin Flyer
04-30-2017, 01:14 AM
Are you talking about the push button that pops in the hole to lock the telescoping tubes in place? If so, you can probably remove the sliding outer tube and access the push button inside the tube. They are usually just a piece of bent metal, so it probably just needs to be re-positioned.

They are called spring buttons. Here's an example: https://www.mcmaster.com/#92988a650/=17eqpmw

^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. But it's at the end that attached to the boat so I cannot push it out.

But that is the part and I'm ordering now.

THANK YOU.

jlane330
04-30-2017, 11:06 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. But it's at the end that attached to the boat so I cannot push it out.

But that is the part and I'm ordering now.

THANK YOU.

Glad that helped. Since you can't push the part out, can you maybe use a wire (I like TIG welding rod) and bend a hook on the end to hook it and pull it back? Or can you take the end off the boat and push it thru? Just a couple ideas.