PDA

View Full Version : Center Hill Lake is a mess

newbiesurfer
04-25-2017, 10:46 PM
Wanted to give everyone a heads up if they're planning on hitting Center Hill Lake this weekend. It's a full-blown debris field due to all the flooding we've had this week. Went across Sligo bridge today and it's debris floating as far as you can see both directions. There goes my plans to hit the water Saturday. I don't know how it is on the dam end but this stuff will be moving that way.

dhanni848
04-26-2017, 09:46 AM
Sad to hear :(. I was there last summer for WakeFest and it stormed 1 night and the lake was a mess then. Not used to dodging logs all over the place.

newbiesurfer
04-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Sad to hear :(. I was there last summer for WakeFest and it stormed 1 night and the lake was a mess then. Not used to dodging logs all over the place.

Hopefully it'll clear up in a few days!! Itching to get some surf time!!

SteveO
04-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up....was contemplating a trip to the lakehouse this weekend.

newbiesurfer
04-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up....was contemplating a trip to the lakehouse this weekend.
You're welcome!!

dhanni848
04-26-2017, 03:12 PM
Hopefully it'll clear up in a few days!! Itching to get some surf time!!

If Center Hill Dam is running like they are in Nashville, then you will be clear and Old Hickory will not be (not that it is anyway).

newbiesurfer
04-26-2017, 03:45 PM
If Center Hill Dam is running like they are in Nashville, then you will be clear and Old Hickory will not be (not that it is anyway).

We came across the dam on Sunday and they were pulling hard. You could barely see the boat ramp on the right below the dam the water was so high.

jgraham37128
04-26-2017, 08:10 PM
It always gets messier towards the Sligo side, however I have seen it at Hurricane so bad we had to idle and I thought I could walk across without getting wet there was so many logs.

newbiesurfer
04-26-2017, 08:59 PM
It always gets messier towards the Sligo side, however I have seen it at Hurricane so bad we had to idle and I thought I could walk across without getting wet there was so many logs.

We can't be whacking our props on that mess!! :D It's supposed to storm again tonight and tomorrow and I hope it clears up!! I'm probably going to hit it next weekend on the dam end if it's clear! Sligo is so much closer, but I'll drive a few miles to put it in!

rjwilson
04-26-2017, 09:07 PM
Same here down east in NC. chocolate milk water with big logs