PDA

View Full Version : newbie sac fill question

dmgimenez
04-23-2017, 05:56 PM
tried to fill up one of my sacs for first time friday and it seemed to lean toward motor instead of stand straight up. by the time i noticed was to heavy to move around. any suggestions on how to get them to sit properly when filling up in rear lockers?

ap77
04-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Sounds like they are sitting on their side when full. When they are drained make sure the bottom of the bag is flat. You may need to grab the bag from the sides and pull the sides out so the bag lies flat. If you want the bag to lean away from the engine compartment just tweak the way the bag sits so it will lean in the direction you want when it's full.

gwozhog
04-23-2017, 07:05 PM
You might want to reinforce your locker panels if it's bowing them in. I have actually been thinking about redoing mine with 1 inch plywood.

ap77
04-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Wakermakers sell metal engine compartment brackets which is another option.

dmgimenez
04-23-2017, 07:15 PM
Wakermakers sell metal engine compartment brackets which is another option.

i have really thick locker panels and don't think it is bowing yet but am aware of the wake maker product and it has good reviews. i just need to get the bag to fill up properly and not lean. the bags are only like 400-450 that came with boat from MC so they shouldn't be too big. i prob just need to check the bottoms prior to beginning to fill. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

swatguy
04-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Fill the bags 1/4 of the way. Stop the pumps. Pick the bags up at their center points at the ends the water will flow towards the bottom when you pick them up. Rotate the bags in your hands if need be til they are directly centered. When you have the top center set the bag down in the correct positions. The reason this works is because when you pick up the bag the water travels to lowest point . So center that lowest point where you want it. When you set it down theater inside the bag will disperse evenly. Then click the fill and keep your eyes on the bag making minor adjustments if need be.

Once you get them centered the first time, they should remain there.

mgrubb
04-23-2017, 08:56 PM
I watch the bags fill & adjust them while they are filling.

clrussell
04-23-2017, 09:52 PM
Just grab ahold of your sac and adjust accordingly as needed

moosehead
04-23-2017, 10:15 PM

Not gonna touch that one.

hondaprlud
04-24-2017, 01:10 AM

Giggle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Graham
04-24-2017, 10:42 AM

LOL... We really need a "Like" button on this site!