PDA

View Full Version : Nail Polish

wallnut21
04-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Anyone else outlaw nail polish on their boat? Just started cleaning mine before season and that red nail polish is a SOB to get off. I think it's about to go in the same category as shoes....

neil.anderson63
04-22-2017, 07:33 PM
Anyone else outlaw nail polish on their boat? Just started cleaning mine before season and that red nail polish is a SOB to get off. I think it's about to go in the same category as shoes....

Yip, we have a guest from time to time who leaves behind some red marks. Tough to get them out.

willyt
04-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Babes seat soap and elbow grease

moosehead
04-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Only requirement(s) aboard the Good Ship Moose for nail polish, is that it is only worn by women wearing bikinis.

Loewen
04-24-2017, 08:18 AM
magic eraser

slalomjunkie
04-24-2017, 09:52 AM
Good lord, nail polish - really? Heads would roll... Anything other than water is outlowed. Stay on the dock unless you're the spotter the skier or the driver. :toast:

Rocketboy
04-24-2017, 09:55 AM
They are putting it on in the boat or is it rubbing off on the seats?

JimN
04-24-2017, 10:00 AM

The solvent in nail polish remover and the polish is Acetone and/or lacquer thinner. It also dissolves vinyl, so nobody with wet/drying nail polish should come near a boat until it has fully dried.

neil.anderson63
04-24-2017, 10:13 AM
It's fully dried - no one is putting it on while in the boat:eek:. I think it gets warmed up in the sun and if they move their foot and the polished nail drags just right it leaves a mark.

ewilcox11
04-25-2017, 11:58 PM
I think it would be a judgement call depending on the hotness of the girl wearing it.

onewheat
04-26-2017, 12:20 AM
Been dealing with this for years - some polishes are softer than others apparently. It always comes off with Seat Soap. It happens with fully-cured polish and leaves faint marks - like pen streaks where a tip is dragged across. Good luck never having a chick with nail polish on aboard.

jjsaustin
04-26-2017, 08:59 AM

LOL, I have your old boat and point the occasional mark out to my wife and she keeps trying to tell me It is not from her and it's not nail polish. Kind of hard to deny when you do the color match!