View Full Version : What is this Part Called?

04-22-2017, 03:39 PM
What is this part called?

04-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Pic just the white part/fitting on right

04-22-2017, 03:50 PM
It looks like a one-way check valve.

04-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Should be a check valve

04-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Check valve. Looks like the 1 1/2" on your ballast intake. It forces the water to exit your ballast system through the side of the boat instead of out the bottom, where it came in.

04-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Where can I get a replacement this one is leaking

04-22-2017, 04:56 PM
box home improvement store or plumbing supply as that looks like a standard plumbing valve. Just need to take it off to see if its swing door or plunger and confirm the size.

04-22-2017, 05:09 PM
A sprinkler supply house (brick & mortar or on-line) will have it. It is 1 1/2" (printed on the fitting) and, based on the fact that it indicates which side up if installed horizontally, likely the flapper type.

04-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Can someone share a link to the correct one from lowes or eBay. I can stop at lowes this evening.

04-22-2017, 10:30 PM
I just picked this up at lowes... How should the old one come off and can I use the old threaded pieces that enter into this one? What sealant or epoxy should I use if any on this knew one as there looks to be sealant there on the old. I didn't think about that when I was at lowes.

04-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Yes, the plastic fittings are reusable. A couple of wraps of Ptfe tape on the threads will do the trick.