PDA

View Full Version : Lake Nottely

Legacyauto11
04-20-2017, 09:39 PM
Anybody have any experiences with Lake Nottely in N. GA? I'm looking for a vacation spot in the N. GA/NC area preferably in the mountains. Any info or suggestions for other lakes in the area would be awesome

CruisinGA
04-20-2017, 10:17 PM
Ive had a lot of great times on Nottley, it's a great watersports lake in terms of smooth water but there are other lakes nearby that are more "in the mountains" and/or have more vacation oriented towns.
Lake Blue Ridge (might be a little biased :) )
Lake Burton
Lake Glenville
Many others in TN/NC

Legacyauto11
04-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Ive had a lot of great times on Nottley, it's a great watersports lake in terms of smooth water but there are other lakes nearby that are more "in the mountains" and/or have more vacation oriented towns.
Lake Blue Ridge (might be a little biased :) )
Lake Burton
Lake Glenville
Many others in TN/NC

There's a place I'm looking at on Blue Ridge actually, I hear that's one of the cleanest lakes in the southeast and that it's not crowded. Waiting to hear back on availability. There's a place on Nottely that I've found that is a little pricey but it is pretty nice with a dock. Haven't seen much on Burton or Glenville. I did Chatuge and James last year and liked both but I'm trying to do something different this Summer.

CruisinGA
04-20-2017, 10:34 PM
There's a place I'm looking at on Blue Ridge actually, I hear that's one of the cleanest lakes in the southeast and that it's not crowded. Waiting to hear back on availability. There's a place on Nottely that I've found that is a little pricey but it is pretty nice with a dock. Haven't seen much on Burton or Glenville. I did Chatuge and James last year and liked both but I'm trying to do something different this Summer.

Blue Ridge is crowded, dirty and the town is a dump. Everyone stay away!

No I think you'd like it. It's almost empty during the week. Great water until at least 11am on weekends. Wkends immediately after major holiday are very empty. Good restaurants, breweries and shops in town plus rafting, fly fishing mtn biking and hiking if that's your thing.

bbymgr
04-21-2017, 07:54 AM
Fontana Lake in NC is very clean and nice.