PDA

View Full Version : 2017 X23 Walk-Thru opinions

Loewen
04-18-2017, 05:19 PM
Going to place an order for a X23 build this week. Was at a dealer over the weekend and did a walk-thru on a 2017 X23 that was nicely equipped with options. Coming off of a 2014 X25 that was loaded, I was a little disappointed in some of the X23 creature comforts, especially compared to the X25 I just sold.

Examples:
1) No MC etching or lettering of any kind on the cleats??
2) Glove box was boring. No more MC shield and a lot of black brushed aluminum?
3) Walk-thru closure no longer solid silver billet aluminum? (are #'s 2 and 3 options now??)
4) Seemed like the tower tow point was built cheaper than the one I had previously?
5) Quality of the trailer build definitely not as sharp as the 2014 model I had.
6) Overall just wasn't built with as many quality, detailed features as my last boat.

Other notes: Love the lines, look and comfort of the boat. Very sexy looking vessel, just seemed to skimp in a few places.

Thoughts of others??? Please chime in. Can't wait to get into a deeper, heavier boat and love the X23 look.

SS LS1
04-18-2017, 07:28 PM
Yep, totally agree with your observations and and a little disappointed with the direction of the new interiors. We have been talking about this topic over the winter months. Here are a few threads to read about it.

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=78709&highlight=2017

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=77912&highlight=2017

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=78021&highlight=2017

hvlx2
04-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Going to place an order for a X23 build this week. Was at a dealer over the weekend and did a walk-thru on a 2017 X23 that was nicely equipped with options. Coming off of a 2014 X25 that was loaded, I was a little disappointed in some of the X23 creature comforts, especially compared to the X25 I just sold.

Examples:
3) Walk-thru closure no longer solid silver billet aluminum? (are #'s 2 and 3 options now??)
4) Seemed like the tower tow point was built cheaper than the one I had previously?
5) Quality of the trailer build definitely not as sharp as the 2014 model I had.
6) Overall just wasn't built with as many quality, detailed features as my last boat.

Other notes: Love the lines, look and comfort of the boat. Very sexy looking vessel, just seemed to skimp in a few places.

Thoughts of others??? Please chime in. Can't wait to get into a deeper, heavier boat and love the X23 look.
Not sure what the 14' amenities were but I had a 13' that I really liked and while I'll miss her I'm definitely happy to upgrade just wish the prices were a little lower (Msrp on my new xt20 is around 148!!)
....since 14' triple tab launch is great, the new close cooled motors are cra' cra'...test drove the new 5500 motor is more efficient and makes the 6.o of past look like a Briggs and Stratton ........pulled like a freight train and was very basa$$...docking lights cool, new helm chair doesn't suck and is actually comfortable , 5 yr warranty nice, new hull designs in my opinion make the old ones look.....well old...really old, the new stereo is better in most every way w out the need for aftermarket accessories and more flexibility , I like the clip in fender spots on the one package will make it easier for momma to tie up to neighbors , the black inserts on dash aren't for everybody...mostly older people...but they're for me - love em and think they look great. Trailers got the factory accent lights and step looks really nice, and the low pro wheels and stuff looks better or on par than my 13'(but don't get fiberglass cause more expensive and less uh pretty), and they've came out w/ 8.8 tower speakers which are on another level. The 7.7s were ok, the rev and pro80s were better but very tinny...the new 8.8s are awesome. The cool feel vinyl is a game changer if you like to boat when its warm......at a minimum not a$$ burning and pretty cool, the rear convertible seats are great and the flip seats of the XT series are better than the old x25 way more comfortable and the X series built in seats look and feel WAY more comfortable than that yet.

But you know the cleats do suck....so you'll have to live with that...while you're basking in the glory of all the other cool stuff. Trade off - yes. But with progress comes great sacrifice.

MC25
04-18-2017, 09:13 PM
Yeah this has been beat to death here. Trailers haven't changed.

Eric2010MCX2
04-19-2017, 12:02 AM

Examples:

Fully agree! Esp on 1-3. Price is going up and features go down. I despise the new cleats. Bring back the etched ones!

lashburn1
04-19-2017, 01:05 AM
the lines on the MC line up are awesome IMO...
IDK about the interior changes...But the Actual comfort is still great in every boat for 2017.
Prices are up everywhere...just work with your dealer...THAT is the price that matters.
Let them know you are shopping....the best deal will get your money

Stefan
04-19-2017, 01:10 AM
Yeah most of the recent changes smell like shareholder oriented value 'refinement', maybe the G's don't look so bargy after all...

Loewen
04-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Yeah most of the recent changes smell like shareholder oriented value 'refinement',..

ding ding ding ding ding... We have a winner! I think you nailed it. The 2014 X25 was a cadillac escalade loaded to the gills. The 2017 X23 felt like a GMC Yukon XL. Same frame, same body, but a LOT different quality and curb appeal.

Morety
04-19-2017, 09:59 AM
Sounds like you should be on the lookout for a 2016 X23. I'm sure there are plenty to be found and immediately fixes 1-3 on your list and likely 4 and 6. Trailer depends on what the boat comes with.

Loewen
04-19-2017, 10:20 AM
Can't find a 2016 X23
1) in the color scheme I like
2) that also is in immaculate condition

Mastercraftdave
04-19-2017, 12:44 PM
The trailers have always sucked. If you can, try and get a boatmate trailer. I will never own another MC trailer with all the paint issues that I have had.