PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Build Question--- How long does it take?

Loewen
04-17-2017, 04:39 PM
From selection to out the back door of their shop. What's the approximate build time on a boat?? (X23 if it matters)

jbmccul
04-17-2017, 04:43 PM
It'll depend on when your dealer has a slot available I think

gsxrjtt
04-17-2017, 05:09 PM
generally about 6 weeks from when a slot is avail

Mastercraftdave
04-17-2017, 05:50 PM
From selection to out the back door of their shop. What's the approximate build time on a boat?? (X23 if it matters)

I know when I got my X23, once the build stated, it was a 7 day process to completely finish the boat, but getting it to their shop is a different story.

If the trailer is ready at the same time then it will be quick and then it depends on if the dealer is only waiting on just that boat or has a few more rolling down the line which in that case, the dealer will wait until they have a few to ship at one time.

If your dealer has an open slot and it didn't go red (or whatever color it is when you cant make changes), then it could be months for a build slot or he may have to trade with other dealers to get one sooner.

A lot goes into the process that I never knew when ordering a boat. Make sure you get build pictures.

kscrib
04-17-2017, 06:34 PM
Agree with others. Your dealer will know when there next "slot" is up. Once the slot is available to build it is about a week, but waiting for the slot is the biggest delay. You can negotiate shipping time frame, but slot is outside of the dealers control.