PDA

View Full Version : First service question

newbiesurfer
04-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Picked up the '01 230 VRS laTe last summer and only took it out a few times. It only has 380 hours on it and is an extremely well taken care of boat. It has the LTR engine in it and is clean enough you could eat off it. I just talked to the guy I bought it from and he said it's time for the oil change but wouldn't worry about the transmission fluid. My question is this. Being I don't know it's service history, should I go ahead and get the oil and tranny fluid changed? I'm having the impeller changed for sure. It's my first boat, so I don't have it all figured out yet.

jakethebt
04-12-2017, 09:16 PM
Yes. That is normal annual maintenance. Most do it in the fall.

cwarndahl
04-12-2017, 09:36 PM
I would do, impeller, oil, trans oil, plugs, wires, air filter and batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newbiesurfer
04-12-2017, 09:45 PM
I would do, impeller, oil, trans oil, plugs, wires, air filter and batteries.

I put a new battery in it last fall, so that's taken care of. I can do plugs and wires myself so that should be easy. I'd planned on doing the impeller, oil and transmission fluid and all of you confirmed it for me! Thanks!!

blackhawk
04-13-2017, 10:48 PM
I would also replace the distributor cap and rotor.

cwarndahl
04-13-2017, 10:51 PM

Totally forgot lol! But yes those to. And grease rudder and lube steering cable(if yours requires it)

jgraham37128
04-14-2017, 06:59 AM
I would do all that's listed above, then you know it's done and the chances of being broke down on the lake are reduced.

jsturvey
04-16-2017, 09:34 PM

There is no cap and rotor on the LTR. That motor has a Northstar ignition with coil packs.

newbiesurfer
04-17-2017, 10:34 PM
I would do all that's listed above, then you know it's done and the chances of being broke down on the lake are reduced.

It's at Center Hill Sports Marine getting worked on now, so I should be good to go!