PDA

View Full Version : Tip Uship driver?

rydog
04-07-2017, 08:26 PM
My boat is getting delivered on Sunday using UShip. Have you guys tipped the uship haulers before? He is bringing the boat from Texas to NH.

I am almost thinking they name there price so no need to tip.

lashburn1
04-07-2017, 08:32 PM
My boat is getting delivered on Sunday using UShip. Have you guys tipped the uship haulers before? He is bringing the boat from Texas to NH.

I tip everyone that kicks ***,
I also make sure whoever they work for knows about my experience if it is positive.

If the guy shows up, and seems to be doing his job, and making sure everything is cool with me. I will probably tip him.
At the very minimum, I had some money over and say let me buy you guys lunch/dinner.

I'm sure you'll be able to read the situation as it applies to your normal behavior as such.

gwozhog
04-07-2017, 09:24 PM

What did you buy? Sounds like you don't want to tip so don't do it. You will only feel like a cheepazz the few moments while you are dealing with the low wage driver who probably can't even make his daughters birthday because he is driving your boat across country so he can make rent for the month for his 2 bedroom apartment in the inner city. But that cheepazz feeling will pass after he leaves Because you will be so entrhalled with you new boat that you will have forgotten that you were a cheepazz before he has even made it a mile away from your house. In the end it will just be a chemical synapsis in you brain that you will most likely forgotten the whole experience ever happened. At least that's how I feel every time I don't tip the girls at sonic burger. Hope this helps

rydog
04-07-2017, 10:00 PM
2008 x45.

Alright I guess the question is, what's an appropriate tip for half cross country uship?

cwarndahl
04-08-2017, 12:09 AM
2008 x45.

Alright I guess the question is, what's an appropriate tip for half cross country uship?

To be honest I would know 10%? Post up some pics when you get the boat! And let me know how those led rings work out that I sent you measurements for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rydog
04-08-2017, 12:32 AM
To be honest I would know 10%? Post up some pics when you get the boat! And let me know how those led rings work out that I sent you measurements for!

I'll post some and I am in the works for those LED rings, I'll let you know

mitch
04-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Where in NH? I want a pull:D if the boat arrives and there are no issues, I'd throw him $50. OTR drivers actually do pretty well, my buddy was well over 100g's for years. Good luck

rydog
04-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Tilton NH on lake Winnisquam.

Thrall
04-08-2017, 11:36 AM
How much did it cost to ship? (Not related to tipping)
I'm considering shipping our boat to Table Rock Lake....and back for a trip we have planned this summer.
Expensive? yes, but have decided, not going to do a 3 day each way cannonball run, but at the same time will probably want to eat a bullet, sitting at Table Rock for a week watching 1000 other people go boating!
(Family reunion type trip that "had" to be held the farthest possible distance way from the only family member that owns a boat!)

moosehead
04-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Yes, if she's in ship shape then I'll always throw a few hundred to the driver hauling multi state vehicles/boats. More if there is extreme conditions/weather.

rydog
04-08-2017, 01:53 PM
I'm considering shipping our boat to Table Rock Lake....and back for a trip we have planned this summer.
Expensive? yes, but have decided, not going to do a 3 day each way cannonball run, but at the same time will probably want to eat a bullet, sitting at Table Rock for a week watching 1000 other people go boating!
(Family reunion type trip that "had" to be held the farthest possible distance way from the only family member that owns a boat!)

Cost me 1750 for the shipping plus uship fees, so like 1880. From Fort Worth to MY.

This was the cheapest bid i got over the course of a week.

clrussell
04-08-2017, 03:47 PM

Want to rent an x star? Comes with driver

And yes I'm being serious. I'll meet you at tablerock

JohnE
04-08-2017, 04:45 PM

Win/ win. I'd take that deal in a second on either side of the deal.

Upnorth07
04-08-2017, 06:18 PM
^^^

You need to jump on this!!!

Total win/win and with a great MasterCraft owner!

Maristar210
04-10-2017, 09:07 AM
I delivered dozens of boats for various Mastercraft dealers in the midwest. I was only tipped once by a guy in Long Island New York. He gave me $60 and said get a steak on me. I never expected a tip because I set the price and if they said no I said fine get someone else then. What the dealers knew is that I was someone they could trust to deliver the boat so I charged a premium.

Having said that. If you gave him a crisp hundred dollar bill I'm sure he's smile and say thanks.

cwarndahl
04-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Well did you get your boat yet?

kscrib
04-10-2017, 11:44 AM

I can vouche for clrussell!! Standup great guy!!! Super nice, knows his MCs, good driver (I let him pull me with my boat). You seriously could not have gotten a better offer!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=72161

rydog
04-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Well did you get your boat yet?

Yes I did and I threw him $80. Did not find any towing issues with the trailer or bottom of the boat, pretty mint condition.

I spent all day just hanging out in the boat and checking things out.

This week will be spent cleaning and fixing some minor things, cannot wait to drive this boat!

Thrall
04-10-2017, 08:53 PM

You'd pay me to leave your boat and swim back to shore after 15min with my in-laws (and yes I'm being serious!), but I would certainly entertain renting it from you.
I can't stomach paying big bucks for some POS beat up fishnski or pontoon, especially with my own boat sitting at home.

cwarndahl
04-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Yes I did and I threw him $80. Did not find any towing issues with the trailer or bottom of the boat, pretty mint condition.

I spent all day just hanging out in the boat and checking things out.

This week will be spent cleaning and fixing some minor things, cannot wait to drive this boat!

We haven't see a new to me thread with pics yet?!?!?!?