PDA

View Full Version : ProStar Bow Cover Storage Solutions

bridomine99
04-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Anyone have any trick ways to store your 14+ ProStar bow cover in your garage, boat house, etc? I'm going to make something up for our garage (wall mounted) and thought I would check in before starting from scratch.

Polak
04-07-2017, 04:46 PM
I'd suggest a simple hoist to the ceiling.

Something like this, but you'll obviously be able to get it tighter to the ceiling.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_04314.JPG

Bruce-ActionWater
04-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Our cover guy made a bag for it to hang on the garage wall

sodbuster88
04-10-2017, 10:53 PM
I hung a pole barn door track from my garage ceiling...front to rear of boat, installed a trolly with a simple block and tackle. Objective is to lift the bow cover up off the bow, pull to ceiling, slide it back to rear of garage out of the way of my overhead door...and leave it suspended there for storage. Still trying to figure out a sling or saddle. In hind sight it's overkill!!! Don't use it, and shake my head every time I walk past my bow cover leaning against the garage wall behind the boat well protected and out of the way.

JohnE
04-11-2017, 08:24 AM
I would think something to store it on the wall. Maybe something like a handicap grab bar like you see next to the toilets up high with a U-Channel bottom. Slide the nose of the bow cover up behind the grab bar, and drop the other end into the U-Channel. The top bar would have to be wide enough so that the nose slides up far enough to drop the bottom into the channel and still catch the grab bar.

sodbuster88
04-23-2017, 06:01 PM
On the wall with the Bimini

TN Skier
04-23-2017, 07:04 PM
Store it on the bow...Leave it on and take fewer people; it's a ski boat! This of course coming from a guy with a '92... :-)

Yooper
04-24-2017, 10:06 AM
On the wall with the Bimini

Nice garage set up

sodbuster88
04-24-2017, 07:22 PM
Nice garage set up

Thanks...set it up so I could stand in the boat and grab everything off the wall I need. Then completely unload the boat when finished so all can dry out. Pretty efficient way to go.