04-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Something Something Something
Evil...
Something Something Something
...Darkside .....
*Family Guy -Star Wars episode

WakeWise
04-07-2017, 02:00 AM
First Doc Phil now you? Haha enjoy. Good news for the new dealership :-)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ap77
04-07-2017, 02:15 AM
So let the search begin! What is the criteria? Is it a salt water X23 or???

Stefan
04-07-2017, 02:27 AM
Having spent multiple days behind G23 and G25 (surfing mainly) I got to say these are serious contenders, if... if you like their styling and appearance that is. But I'm guessing you know that already ;)
I especially liked the fact that they turn out serious surfwakes without all the storage being filled up.

lashburn1
04-07-2017, 05:17 AM
So let the search begin! What is the criteria? Is it a salt water X23 or???

Criteria-
Trying to stay at or under 21' on the title
Warranty
50-200hrs
Factory Surfable wave with little or no extra Ballast.
MC or G level finish.
Coastal or Salt Series to keep those waters an option year round.

Current Boats in order of Pref new and used.
G21
X20 -
SAN210
XT20
GS20
NXT22 (just over limit but would consider it if pricing won war)

In the end I don't want to crack the $100k point again OTD.
I want a model the would reasonably Sell or have a demand when I do.
I want to buy a boat the will take the smallest cash hit (not percentage) over price I acquired it.
1st World Problems

ryancassidy
04-07-2017, 07:39 AM
Gs20 is nice..... but they have a midget demoing the boat online . I'm 6ft and do not easily fit under the tower. I hit my heat on the speakers all day long while in the boat. It's a solid built boat though....hell, my wife who is 5'4" has issues with clearance......

No used X10 or maybe an xt21? Those are a bit over the length limit I guess though.

While I really like the nautique offering, I kind of think the MC's are a little more "timeless" and might sell easier. Just speculation though, nothing to back that up.

Good luck.... total first world issue! :-)

jesam
04-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Cant go wrong with 210.

CottagerGreg
04-07-2017, 09:04 AM
XT21 is an amazing boat, sadly no used inventory. I would go towards a X-20

JohnE
04-07-2017, 09:26 AM
XT21 is an amazing boat, sadly no used inventory. I would go towards a X-20

I'd be buying an XT-21 if I were buying today.

gsxrjtt
04-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Im digging on the XT 21 myself

lashburn1
04-07-2017, 09:49 AM
...as others mentioned, XT21 is not is the used or closeout segment.
GS20,XT20 are in the same situation... no good deals yet.

between the G21 and the X20 the,, G21 has the most Room but also cost $10k more within the boats I an eyeballing.

SAN210 seem to be holding their (asking) used value after a few years old.
but,
Really want to Stay in Pickle/Wide bow. When we go out thats still where kids want to be.

Really comes down to G21 and X20 for me in a used/demo/closeout.

moosehead
04-07-2017, 09:59 AM
...Really comes down to G21 and X20 for me in a used/demo/closeout.

Agree given your criteria for the lagoon and especially surf bias. Really impressed with our neighbors G21 and G23 surf waves last summer, as well as the fit and finish (minus the tower and bimini issue which would get old on a trailered boat). G's storage is cavernous even if you piggy back more bags - IMO you would do so as our loaded X10 kept up on the surf wave. The surf pipe also made those G boats incredibly quiet which is actually tremendous for the social dynamic of surfing. Haven't surfed the X20 or X23 yet, but by all TT photos here they look like category killer waves.

IME, smaller boats displace easier and put up really great surf waves with less effort. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

As you noted earlier, there are really good deals available on recent generation boats. We scored a low hour '15MY MC with big engine and other boxes checked for 60% inside sticker.

MC25
04-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Agree given your criteria for the lagoon and especially surf bias. Really impressed with our neighbors G21 and G23 surf waves last summer, as well as the fit and finish (minus the tower and bimini issue which would get old on a trailered boat). G's storage is cavernous even if you piggy back more bags - IMO you would do so as our loaded X10 kept up on the surf wave. The surf pipe also made those G boats incredibly quiet which is actually tremendous for the social dynamic of surfing. Haven't surfed the X20 or X23 yet, but by all TT photos here they look like category killer waves.

IME, smaller boats displace easier and put up really great surf waves with less effort. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

As you noted earlier, there are really good deals available on recent generation boats. We scored a low hour '15MY MC with big engine and other boxes checked for 60% inside sticker.

did you do it moose? killer boat!!!

Larry, you know my thoughts. Cant go wrong with a G.

jesam
04-07-2017, 10:30 AM
SAN210 seem to be holding their (asking) used value after a few years old.
but,
Really want to Stay in Pickle/Wide bow. When we go out thats still where kids want to be.

If kids in the bow are in the equation then I agree, stay away from the 210. I went from a X2 to a 210 and the kids complained about the lack of bow space.

Shaun R
04-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Market for a G21 is most likely stronger than the X20, guessing you can get a much better deal on the X over the G but the G maybe easier to find. I would probably lean more towards the G21 personally due to size and the fact that we wakeboard more than surf. Now if only there was an X21.5

Really liked the SAN210 from the outside, but sitting in it was strange for such a big boat. The seats were as high off the ground as my little prostar. Not ruling it out when I start my search as XT20/21 is going to be tough to find a deal one.

MC25
04-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Market for a G21 is most likely stronger than the X20, guessing you can get a much better deal on the X over the G but the G maybe easier to find. I would probably lean more towards the G21 personally due to size and the fact that we wakeboard more than surf. Now if only there was an X21.5

Really liked the SAN210 from the outside, but sitting in it was strange for such a big boat. The seats were as high off the ground as my little prostar. Not ruling it out when I start my search as XT20/21 is going to be tough to find a deal one.

This. I have no idea why the 20 market is kind of stagnant, Ive surfed and wakeboarded it and it was great.

*except the bow rise... holy moly

ap77
04-07-2017, 10:36 AM
I know you are leaning towards a G21, but here is a X20 with salt water flush. It's a new boat (full warranty) and I know this dealer is extremely motivated. I think someone local is looking at it so it may be sold, but pretty sure they would take 68-70K ($90 CDN) to get it off their lot.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-MasterCraft-X20-Silver-Lime-Green-Black-for-sale-Burnaby-Canada-64382.aspx

Shaun R
04-07-2017, 10:38 AM
I know you are leaning towards a G21, but here is a X20 with salt water flush. It's a new boat (full warranty) and I know this dealer is extremely motivated. I think someone local is looking at it so it may be sold, but pretty sure they would take 68-70K to get it off their lot.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-MasterCraft-X20-Silver-Lime-Green-Black-for-sale-Burnaby-Canada-64382.aspx

That's a great deal at 70K.

ap77
04-07-2017, 10:41 AM
This. I have no idea why the 20 market is kind of stagnant, Ive surfed and wakeboarded it and it was great.

*except the bow rise... holy moly

I'm confused too - best value in the used MC lineup. Like anything else you get used to the bow rise...it's really not an issue. I use a bit more center tab to bring the nose and RPM's down. It creates a cleaner and longer wave which we prefer anyways.

ap77
04-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Here is a teaser Larry!

SteveO
04-07-2017, 11:37 AM
I know you are leaning towards a G21, but here is a X20 with salt water flush. It's a new boat (full warranty) and I know this dealer is extremely motivated. I think someone local is looking at it so it may be sold, but pretty sure they would take 68-70K ($90 CDN) to get it off their lot.

A leftover '15 can be sold out of market :) at 70K, that looks like a great deal

moosehead
04-07-2017, 12:05 PM
^Look forward to surfing AP77's X20 this season. IMO, and based on the guru's at Wakemakers, sinking the surf corner like shown on AP's boat is what creates surf wave size and pitch. As you and others have said, length is easy to create by bumping up speed or using the plate and reduces the need for putting too much extra weight in the bow. The G's may ride flat but their surf waves are longer and flatter until you put extra junk in the trunk.

lashburn1
04-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Here is a teaser Larry!

thats a Sweet Wave!!!

lashburn1
04-07-2017, 01:43 PM
A leftover '15 can be sold out of market :) at 70K, that looks like a great deal

Price and Flush kit could be nice

GREEEEEEENNNNN,,,,,why do they keep ordering GREEN....:(

My dealers stagnant boats..
2015 X20 GREEN accents
2016 X23 GREEN
2016 X26 GREEN
2016 NXT22 GREEN

uplandbird
04-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Here is a teaser Larry!

Holy Bow Rise Batman.

2RLAKE
04-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Well the good news is that you will be shopping again!

jgraham37128
04-07-2017, 05:25 PM
And you don't have to worry on the 2017 models, they're all closed cooling!

DocPhil
04-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Holy Bow Rise Batman.

Where do you store the periscope when you're not surfing?

Shaun R
04-07-2017, 09:51 PM
And you don't have to worry on the 2017 models, they're all closed cooling!

Only the 5.3 and 6.2 and closed.

Ekennedy21
04-08-2017, 06:33 AM
There is more to a salt water series then closed cooling.

lashburn1
04-08-2017, 09:03 AM
There is more to a salt water series then closed cooling.

Of the Models listed, that are also within my parameters,
Only the G21 Coastal Edition was a true Salt Capable boat.
The other would just have Flush Kits added.

I'm am only looking at newer used/Demo/leftovers, as those have the best pricing.
NXT22- was ruled out last night when we received Best and Final offer OTD from dealer of $8,000 more than I had calculated.( $84,500). Too close to G21 and X20 used/Demo $

That basically leaves a couple regional X20s non SS ,and a G21 Coastal Demo is the mix.

There is one X20SS that was a Sponsor boat in the Lagoon. High hours and ALL ORANGE interior are a big draw back. Decent price otherwise

Albornj
04-09-2017, 06:41 AM
Wrong side of the country and wrong boat company but this seems good. http://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Nautique-Super-Air-210-for-sale-Port-Jefferson-New-York-61511.aspx

FourFourty
04-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Of the Models listed, that are also within my parameters,
Only the G21 Coastal Edition was a true Salt Capable boat.
The other would just have Flush Kits added.

I'm am only looking at newer used/Demo/leftovers, as those have the best pricing.
NXT22- was ruled out last night when we received Best and Final offer OTD from dealer of $8,000 more than I had calculated.( $84,500). Too close to G21 and X20 used/Demo $

That basically leaves a couple regional X20s non SS ,and a G21 Coastal Demo is the mix.

There is one X20SS that was a Sponsor boat in the Lagoon. High hours and ALL ORANGE interior are a big draw back. Decent price otherwise

I think he was meaning more that- The SS package/coastal editions has some substantial differences between brands. The Nautique CE, is a pretty nice setup, but is not as comprehensive as the MC SS package.

MC definitely has the best saltwater setup. No denying that.

I have never been behind an X20. Hopefully sometime soon...... I did own a G21 for a bit, and it wouldn't be my automatic top pick in that size class. To me, there is a glaring difference between the G21 and G23. Not so much in the wakeboard wake (a little steeper on the 21, but still very awesome), but I wasn't impressed with the surf wave at all, unless I listed it a bit. It's too bad they didn't carry the hull changes for the '16 G23, and G25, over to the G21 as well.

lashburn1
04-09-2017, 10:21 AM
I think he was meaning more that- The SS package/coastal editions has some substantial differences between brands. The Nautique CE, is a pretty nice setup, but is not as comprehensive as the MC SS package.

MC definitely has the best saltwater setup. No denying that.

I have never been behind an X20. Hopefully sometime soon...... I did own a G21 for a bit, and it wouldn't be my automatic top pick in that size class. To me, there is a glaring difference between the G21 and G23. Not so much in the wakeboard wake (a little steeper on the 21, but still very awesome), but I wasn't impressed with the surf wave at all, unless I listed it a bit. It's too bad they didn't carry the hull changes for the '16 G23, and G25, over to the G21 as well.

* I was talking about boats currently available to me.
Not ALL boats. There are NO SS MCs used/Demo in my area.

Not sure what that Salt observation is based on.
Both MC and CC both have Salt Models in heavy rotation here in San Diego in both Corperate sponsored and Ski/Wake School boats.
I have tracked every MC SS boat in Carlsbad Lagoon since I have been boating.
Not impressed at all. 1 season 150-300hr boats , rust stains in random places after 1 season.

CC has Coastal series on Mission Bay run by college kids for 2-3 yrs 900+ hrs., with basically the same results.

From my observations and inquiries, these boats have negligible real world differences when it come to practical applications.

You need to baby either brand when dunking in Salt.

DocPhil
04-09-2017, 01:21 PM
I hear they taste way better though with salt added

SS LS1
04-09-2017, 02:59 PM
I hear they taste way better though with salt added

ROFLAMO! :D

lashburn1
04-09-2017, 03:37 PM
I must say, Wakesurfing last summer on the local bays was really fun
So much that I wanted my own boat. My X46 sat parked all summer

atthelake
04-09-2017, 10:37 PM
In the time it took to get 4 pages on this thread, Larry has already purchased, used and sold both a G21 and X20. Larry, can you give us a good comparison now? :D:D Any ideas on your next, next, next boat?

lashburn1
04-10-2017, 01:15 AM
In the time it took to get 4 pages on this thread, Larry has already purchased, used and sold both a G21 and X20. Larry, can you give us a good comparison now? :D:D Any ideas on your next, next, next boat?

you "might" be 50% correct

6KidSurf
04-10-2017, 06:04 AM
Does anyone know the ballast fill and drain time on the G?

Ekennedy21
04-10-2017, 06:13 AM
So which is it? Did you make the switch to the dark side?

FourFourty
04-10-2017, 07:41 AM
* I was talking about boats currently available to me.
Not ALL boats. There are NO SS MCs used/Demo in my area.

Not sure what that Salt observation is based on.
Both MC and CC both have Salt Models in heavy rotation here in San Diego in both Corperate sponsored and Ski/Wake School boats.
I have tracked every MC SS boat in Carlsbad Lagoon since I have been boating.
Not impressed at all. 1 season 150-300hr boats , rust stains in random places after 1 season.

CC has Coastal series on Mission Bay run by college kids for 2-3 yrs 900+ hrs., with basically the same results.

From my observations and inquiries, these boats have negligible real world differences when it come to practical applications.

You need to baby either brand when dunking in Salt.

Right, ya, I was on the same page as to what you were talking about. I was just meaning that I think the other poster's comment was based on the overall view, not just the ones you had available.

For the most part they are about the same. MC has just taken more steps to prevent issues after years of salt use......Tinned wiring with tinned connectors (which is actually in all MC boats now). CC uses tinned wire, but not connectors, and there are a lot of connectors in a CC that aren't even sealed, but mostly just for non critical components (lights and such). MC has hydraulic steering on the SS boats, and they have a freshwater washdown system (optional). I think there are a couple other small advantages but nothing too notable. The wiring differences are the big one in my mind. That would catch up with you eventually, but you'll never own it that long. :)

Mastercraftdave
04-10-2017, 08:08 AM
Right, ya, I was on the same page as to what you were talking about. I was just meaning that I think the other poster's comment was based on the overall view, not just the ones you had available.

For the most part they are about the same. MC has just taken more steps to prevent issues after years of salt use......Tinned wiring with tinned connectors (which is actually in all MC boats now). CC uses tinned wire, but not connectors, and there are a lot of connectors in a CC that aren't even sealed, but mostly just for non critical components (lights and such). MC has hydraulic steering on the SS boats, and they have a freshwater washdown system (optional). I think there are a couple other small advantages but nothing too notable. The wiring differences are the big one in my mind. That would catch up with you eventually, but you'll never own it that long. :)

I think 440 hit the nail on the head. Having own two-(2) MC salt series boats, I can say that MC does a really good job with the SS boats. I don't have any rust on my boat and other than a plate that the paint was chipping on, MC replaced it and Im good to go.

The MC will have a better rough water ride due to the hull design and if your in a bay, they tend to get really rough.

lashburn1
04-10-2017, 01:45 PM

Yah...I see now. Good to know.
Looking at the Rental /School SAN210 Coastal boats here in Mission bay, that I am using as a reference ,
they get launched 4-7 days a week year round, Wet beginners all over the Boats interior, windy wet afternoon spray on the Boats.
3yrs and 900-1200 is their flip point,
Staff flushes and clean boats daily
Regular Service schedule is maintained per CC

They seam to hold up well, Electronics and Most fittings etc.. Engine "looked" good.

I don't plan on using it at that level, but it does provide some comfort moving to a Salt environment. We will still use the boat more hours in fresh than salt.

jesam
04-13-2017, 07:01 AM
http://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Mastercraft-X-20-New-dealer-demo-for-sale-La-Crosse-Wisconsin-62864.aspx

X20 would not be my first choice, and its not a saltwater, but looks like a heck of deal to be had. 28 hour demo boat with full warranty.