PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard feedback

dhanni848
04-05-2017, 09:06 PM
Looking for some feedback on a new board. I can get either board for the same price so that is not the concern. I am a novice just getting W2W. Which would you guys go with?

Both are 139 as well.

2015 Hyperlite Kruz bio
2015 Ronix Parks Camber atr

MI_Corey
04-06-2017, 08:07 AM
I would say to go with the Kruz. I know there are fans of the Parks boards but for most people the Kruz is an easier board to progress on.

hunter991
04-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Kruz is a fine board. For some reason i really like hyperlite products. Not overly expensive.

dhanni848
04-06-2017, 09:45 AM
I would say to go with the Kruz. I know there are fans of the Parks boards but for most people the Kruz is an easier board to progress on.

Not a lot of reviews or feedback on the Kruz out there. I found a long chain on the WakeWorld forum about the atr, and only negative was it is slow. Have you had a chance to ride either, or know someone that has?

MI_Corey
04-06-2017, 11:10 AM
The Kruz is a slightly more playful version of the Marek imo. The speed you keep reading about is the reason I say the Kruz would be better for an average beginner progressing. Some advanced riders can really use a board being "slow" to their advantage but it can make learning things a bit more difficult. Unfortunately I have not rode the new Parks shape yet but I've talked to a lot of guys that have and slow is always in the description as well as the board taking a while to get used to where the pop is. The Kruz is well known for being fast with a lot of pop. The negative you will find with some people on that board is it's not as loose as a lot of the new boards are and some people prefer that, especially when going back and forth between their finless cable park board and their boat board.

dhanni848
04-06-2017, 11:19 AM
The Kruz is a slightly more playful version of the Marek imo. The speed you keep reading about is the reason I say the Kruz would be better for an average beginner progressing. Some advanced riders can really use a board being "slow" to their advantage but it can make learning things a bit more difficult. Unfortunately I have not rode the new Parks shape yet but I've talked to a lot of guys that have and slow is always in the description as well as the board taking a while to get used to where the pop is. The Kruz is well known for being fast with a lot of pop. The negative you will find with some people on that board is it's not as loose as a lot of the new boards are and some people prefer that, especially when going back and forth between their finless cable park board and their boat board.

All of that makes sense. Thanks!

MC25
04-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Parks camber is not a beginner board for sure.

dhanni848
04-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Parks camber is not a beginner board for sure.

That is what I was looking for. Someone to smack me in the face and tell me no!

kadam75
04-06-2017, 11:37 AM
I have the Green and Black Krux with the nova core. Love it, i actually got it signed by Rusty Malinoski at the MN boat show one year. I really like the board, is very fast and has plenty of pop off the wake.

dhanni848
04-06-2017, 11:44 AM
I have the Green and Black Krux with the nova core. Love it, i actually got it signed by Rusty Malinoski at the MN boat show one year. I really like the board, is very fast and has plenty of pop off the wake.

Guy I am going to get it from had a Kruz Nova, but I didn't see it the other day in his stock. I will see Friday when I go get the board. I think I will go with the Kruz instead of the Camber due to the feedback here. If he has the Nova I will get that.

MC25
04-06-2017, 11:48 AM
My advice is to never buy a board without riding it first.

dhanni848
04-06-2017, 11:52 AM

I wish I had that option. He buys bulk boards that are 1-2 years old. He may take it back if I don't like it at first. We will see.

MMPRES
04-06-2017, 12:31 PM
It's entirely up to you, of course, but if I were you, being a novice in the wakeboarding realm, I'd save some cheddar by going with the Kruz Bio as opposed to the Nova. Unless you're more advanced in skill and putting some serious punishment on the board, you'll never notice the performance differences between the two. I agree with the others, that while you're trying to learn the fundamentals, utilizing the camber shape would make progression much more difficult as it rides and pops very differently from traditional board. These differences require a certain level of board aptitude that take some time to perfect.
In short, you'll have more fun on the Kruz because you're not fighting the board to make it do what you want.

dhanni848
04-06-2017, 12:48 PM
It's entirely up to you, of course, but if I were you, being a novice in the wakeboarding realm, I'd save some cheddar by going with the Kruz Bio as opposed to the Nova. Unless you're more advanced in skill and putting some serious punishment on the board, you'll never notice the performance differences between the two. I agree with the others, that while you're trying to learn the fundamentals, utilizing the camber shape would make progression much more difficult as it rides and pops very differently from traditional board. These differences require a certain level of board aptitude that take some time to perfect.
In short, you'll have more fun on the Kruz because you're not fighting the board to make it do what you want.

Sounds good. He actually has all of his boards priced at the same. So if it is the camber, bio, or nova I will pay the same. I am set on the Kruz at this point with the feedback.

bandit628
04-06-2017, 12:54 PM
I have rode the Marek and the kruz a lot. I much prefer my kruz. Lots of pop, fast edge to edge, and much looser than the marek.

I have never ridden a camber. My friend did he could not get used to it.

MrDearybury
04-06-2017, 02:41 PM
just mentioning that i can get you a solid deal on the KRUZ

MrDearybury
04-06-2017, 02:53 PM
and i would go kruz if you are looking at those, its more durable and the same price you are getting way better materials in the construction of the board.

dhanni848
04-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Definitely committed to the Kruz at this point.

TruckeeEP
04-06-2017, 03:24 PM
MrDearybury got me a board and I would definitely buy from him again. Was a great price and good service.

MI_Corey
04-06-2017, 03:49 PM

While I agree with this, I think it's less true when you are first starting out since you don't have much to compare to and really haven't developed what your preferences are in a board.

dhanni848
04-06-2017, 04:21 PM
MrDearybury got me a board and I would definitely buy from him again. Was a great price and good service.

I sent him a PM, not sure how the deal I can get can be beaten but we will see!

AZX46OD
04-06-2017, 11:41 PM
So how does a Kruz compare to a LF Harley? Or LF Watson? Does anyone on here have experience with both?

Davalonth
04-07-2017, 03:52 AM
I rode the first Marek then the second gen Marek and then onto the Kruz. They all had the same characteristics but seamed to get toned down thru the generations making them more forgiving. While at The Boarding School, T-Mo had me try the Ronix "One" I was learning backside spins and the One was EXTREMELY forgiving. There where many times I was able to slide out of an under rotated spin where I would have caught an edge and gotten smoked on the Kruz. The Kruz is a super fun board to ride when I'm out going big doing tricks I already got dialed. The Ronix One is my go to board when learning a new trick.

swatguy
04-07-2017, 11:10 AM

Most people can't do this ....shops are scarce these days in most places. Also inventory these days at local places is minimal.

Personally I don't like either board for a beginner. The camber is a unique board one that I would def not recommend for 70-80% of riders.

The Kruz rides pretty similar to the Marek. I know it's not the same but very close. Pop is consistent( not huge) but it's consistent. It's really grippy and due to the spine down the middle , and the channels in the base it's really not super balanced or forgiving under foot. Personally the Murray , or the Baseline would be where I would send you . Much easier to ride and much more forgiving. The Kruz really needs to be ridden harder to take advantage of its design.

MI_Corey
04-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Most people can't do this ....shops are scarce these days in most places. Also inventory these days at local places is minimal.

Personally I don't like either board for a beginner. The camber is a unique board one that I would def not recommend for 70-80% of riders.

The Kruz rides pretty similar to the Marek. I know it's not the same but very close. Pop is consistent( not huge) but it's consistent. It's really grippy and due to the spine down the middle , and the channels in the base it's really not super balanced or forgiving under foot. Personally the Murray , or the Baseline would be where I would send you . Much easier to ride and much more forgiving. The Kruz really needs to be ridden harder to take advantage of its design.

I'm riding the Murray currently and that would also be my first suggestion but between the two boards he was looking at... definitely not the Parks

MMPRES
04-07-2017, 01:35 PM
I'm riding the Murray currently and that would also be my first suggestion but between the two boards he was looking at... definitely not the Parks

Recently sold my Marek and upgraded (in my opinion) to the Murray 150. Only had 1.5 sets so far, so haven't been able to fully evaluate it so far, but am pleased with my choice. Drastically different than the Cruz or Marek but a change for the better. I plan on getting a few more sets in this weekend and I'll be able to give a more detailed account.

dhanni848
04-07-2017, 03:47 PM
I don't have the option of the Murray. Getting my board from a guy that bulk buys older boards to get them cheaper. I can't afford a new one!

dhanni848
04-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Ready to try it out!