PDA

View Full Version : '95 TBI Throttle Linkage for Perfect Pass

SkiWest
04-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Anyone with a standard 94-97 TBI able to confirm or post a picture of their throttle linkage? Just got PP Stargazer in the mail and started setting up the servo motor and throttle control and right away noticed the cables weren't lining up straight like they should. It seems like the black plate the L-adapter is attached to is either bent, or not original. If I removed it I think everything would line up pretty straight but then didn't know if that would mess with the throw of it. Thanks all!

fannin
04-03-2017, 09:39 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170404/273d3a82c168f4465a8753bd475842bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fannin
04-03-2017, 09:40 PM
My 1997 TBI with Stargazer. I can get better pics tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiWest
04-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the reply and pic, that helps, I think my black bracket is definitely bent a bit. When I flip the L adapter around like yours everything seems to work ok but I wish things were more in straight alignment.

kyfooter
04-03-2017, 09:51 PM
My 2003 TT 197 was similar. I added brackets to move the throttle cable out to line up with the PP system. Anything to make it operate smoothly.

SkiWest
04-03-2017, 10:11 PM
My 2003 TT 197 was similar. I added brackets to move the throttle cable out to line up with the PP system. Anything to make it operate smoothly.

Thanks, do you recall if those brackets were any closer or further away from the pivot point and altered the sensitivity of the throttle? I bought the system from skier to skier and they seem to have some great technical support, I was planning to reach out to them tomorrow during business hours but thought I'd try here first.

SkiWest
04-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Manged to finish up the install yesterday. Turns out that black arm was pretty bent out of shape for whatever reason. First pic shows the misalignment. I ended up bending the arm out a bit, as well as adding some washers to where the cable mounts to bring it more in alignment. Should be able to test it out tomorrow!

I'm not completely happy yet, in bending out the black arm I must've added a little more length in the throw of the throttle and it's a couple mm away from reaching wide open. I played with every possible configuration of the parts I had but ultimately will probably have to make up a new arm. Oh well, I'm rarely ever wide open, but then again I did buy a boom last fall....

maxpower220
04-07-2017, 12:32 PM
I've had mine for a few years on a '97 and don't think it is as straight as yours is in the picture. Mine works fine.