PDA

View Full Version : First mastercraft! Need help with x46

Reedus
04-02-2017, 09:08 AM
I bought Lashburn's X46. Previous boat was a Yamaha 212x. The new technology on this boat is a bit overwhelming and definitely has a learning curve. Hoping you guys can help me out. Took the boat out yesterday. With 14 people in the boat we were able to use the surf mellow tab and produce a decent wave. Having never dealt with a touchscreen control on a mastercraft, I have no idea how to tweak the settings to dial in the wave. We just went with whatever the preselected setting had in terms of tabs/ballast. When we went to wakeboard, we couldn't produce a symmetrical wave on both sides. Starboard was all washed out at 22mph while port had a nice ramp and lip. Anyone have any advice on dialing in a wave for boarding? With no manual or someone out with us experienced in the new touchscreen stuff we wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out.
One other thing, this boat had a wrap put on by a previous owner that Larry had removed. Missing are the X46 lettering on both sides of the hull. Any online place to order those? Also there is quite a bit of residual adhesive from the wrap around the rub rail that is bugging my OCD side. Anything I can use that won't damage the gel coat? I'm sure I'll have a million more questions, so TIA

bcd
04-02-2017, 10:00 AM
If one side was washed out, and you had 14 people on board, I'm guessing most of the people were sitting on port side, which unevenly weights the boat. Before you start wakeboarding, check the swim platform to see if it's sitting level in the water. If it's leaning one way, adjust weight around to even it out. Also make sure your driving in a straight line.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stefan
04-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Wakeboard wise you really need to look for even weight distribution throughout the boat.

The stock settings usually work well for a start, with 14 people on board you could eventually have skipped wakeboarding ballast completely for the day...

The full side decals should come in around $300-400 per side if I recall correctly :D

lashburn1
04-03-2017, 03:57 PM
X46 Badges in the Mail. :)

tabooze
04-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Mastercraft manuals that describe how to change all of the settings via the touch screen are available on the Mastercraft website. Just Google "Mastercraft Owners Manual"

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk