PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Prostar Touchscreen Flaking Out

Poisedon1
03-31-2017, 12:14 PM
So I took a set this morn and immediately I noticed my touchscreen was sort of surging from normal to almost all white over the course of about 3 seconds, and did this over and over my entire set. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was the fix? Obviously trying to avoid bringing it to the dealer if there is some kind of hard reboot I'm missing

moosehead
03-31-2017, 12:26 PM
IMO take it to the dealer, but you could try disconnecting negative battery cable for 30 seconds, others would just use the battery switch and set to OFF for same period.

rodltg2
03-31-2017, 02:32 PM
this scares me!!

MC25
03-31-2017, 02:40 PM
this scares me!!

not a typical problem

sodbuster88
03-31-2017, 03:14 PM
Take a video of it happening. Send video file and description of what's happening to dealer. If you can capture more than one video...would be better. Mine starting flaking out too...but differently. MC replaced it no problem.

bcd
03-31-2017, 04:00 PM
Mine started changing settings on its own last year. I had videos of it happening. I took it to the dealer, they couldn't get it to act up. They said water spots and the sun could cause it to think it was being touched. After I got it back, it still happened. I took video of it happening after I cleaned the screen and while the sun was set. I took it back to the dealer again, they still go l couldn't get it to happen, but it got replaced. It wasn't a big deal since it was under warranty still, but makes me worry about down the road. Make sure you get video to document what is happening.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk