PDA

View Full Version : Boating season in full effect

gwozhog
03-27-2017, 02:30 PM
It was a glorious weekend of 3 days of boating, doing morning repairs, cleaning at night, and taking advil for sore muscles. Then to top it off late sunday afternoon i knew I was low on gas but i wanted to do one more set anyways. As soon as i was done we emptied 3k of ballast and the boat leveled out my fuel guage went from 1/4 tank straight to empty and the boat would not start. Found a boat within 3 minutes who towed us the last half mile back to the dock. Looking back i will fill the rear bags up again if i ever run out of gas again. Makes sense becuse the fuel pump is in the rear of the fuel tank. Cant wait for next weekend. Its going to be a great season.

Footloose
03-27-2017, 02:36 PM
Luckily you didn't burn up the fuel pump in the process ask me how I know. Glad to see you're boating already. Not too far behind you in California for boating

gwozhog
04-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Luckily you didn't burn up the fuel pump in the process ask me how I know. Glad to see you're boating already. Not too far behind you in California for boating

A lump of coal in your stocking this Christmas from me. Got out on the lake this weekend. Did one surf secession on my new 2017 Doomswell Neo got back in the boat and the fuel pump was dead. This makes 2 back to back weekends towed back in. I'm really considering a backup 2hp outboard and making a clamp on or bolt on engine mount for the Teak deck because pretty soon everyone in the lake is going to know to not go anywhere near the red and black mastercraft who needs a tow. On the bright side my new Doomswell Neo is incredible. Board has so much pop and much more responsive than my buddy's original Neo. I'm off to fuel pump 101 school now. TA TAH!!!!!!

LDA6339
04-02-2017, 09:10 PM
I almost commented you should change it anyway just to be safe last time this thread was up. My bad :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81SNS
04-02-2017, 09:28 PM
I have been on here a few years and have asked before but never gotten a "official" answer, what years are the worst to worry about the fuel pumps?:confused:

gwozhog
04-02-2017, 09:31 PM
My 05 is fuel pump is original so 12 years is not quite the end of the world. However it only has 369 hours on it.☹️

LDA6339
04-02-2017, 09:32 PM
I have been on here a few years and have asked before but never gotten a "official" answer, what years are the worst to worry about the fuel pumps?:confused:

+1 here. I'd be interested to know

gwozhog
04-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Anyone know if the 05 x2 has the black corrugated hose or the smooth one inside the pump?