PDA

View Full Version : Essex credit for boat financing

Reedus
03-24-2017, 10:45 PM
How many of you have used them? Rates seem to be the lowest I have found, but these guys are SLOW! Wondering for those that have financed through them the general time frame from approval to funds in hand. I'm now a week into the process, and I can't hardly get them to return a phone call, let alone push the paperwork through processing. 😪

cwarndahl
03-24-2017, 10:52 PM
That's the compliant they are as slow as it gets I have heard up to two weeks. They were lower by a 1/4 percent and I forwent them for that reason. Even through a dealer there slow. But after that they are good and standard finance company. I thought they got bought out by bank of the west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hyman989
03-24-2017, 11:15 PM
They did get bought out by bank of the west. I didn't even go to them because I wouldn't meet there needs with credit ended up with a credit union. See if a local bank will meet or beat there rates

rydog
03-25-2017, 01:35 AM
I tried with them because of their rate. My agent went on vacation for a week and could not get a hold of anyone else the entire week. Once she came back I still could not get ahold of anyone on the phone....so many emails and voicemails.

I would have lost my boat if I didn't switch to my local credit union. Also, they didn't accept the Mastercraft dealer as a surveyor

clrussell
03-25-2017, 03:52 AM
I used them, although slow they got it done and rates are good. Luckily anything 07+ didn't need a survey

Covi
03-25-2017, 06:50 AM
I used thier rate numbers for negotiations with my credit union. Worked out perfect. I'm locked in at a nice 1.8%

They did get bought out by bank of the west. I didn't even go to them because I wouldn't meet there needs with credit ended up with a credit union. See if a local bank will meet or beat there rates

flyguy570
03-25-2017, 07:58 AM
I used them, although slow they got it done and rates are good. Luckily anything 07+ didn't need a survey

When I went to use them they were going to require a survey for a 2010. The nearest surveyor that met their requirements was over 3 hours away, so I dealt with the higher rate at US Bank (which I negotiated down using the Essex rate quote).

Skantown
03-25-2017, 09:46 AM
I used SE Financial. The rate quote that i recieved from them was lower then Essex. Same issue of being a little slow to respond via the phone, but I would always hear back via email within a few hours. The rate they offered were at least 1% lower than my credit union, local bank and dealer could offer. The loan funding took about 2 weeks start to finish. A couple of the delays were my errors, and a couple were theirs. I was happy overall with the service and who could hate saving 80 bucks a month in interest over the local bank. Plus, there us still ice on the lakes up here, so no hurry on my part.

cds02
03-25-2017, 10:19 AM
I am in the middle of finishing my financing through them. They are slow I will say. I stayed in the phone an hour and 5 minutes to check the status of my application.
If I had to do over I would have went through someone else just for the ease of doing business. However their interest rates are the lowest I have found. My local credit union is going to beat them by a percent just to keep the business local once I get it done, so I will be changing banks.

OHpage21
03-25-2017, 02:16 PM
Check out Lightstream. Really fast and easy. I was able to get half the rate my local banks were offering for a refi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JBaker
03-25-2017, 03:16 PM
On the XT23, Lightstream rate was the highest rate quote I received. Something laughable, but I don't remember exactly. Essex was extremely slow for me too, and generally unable to even start the process until the boat arrived at the dealer. No thanks, I wanted delivery ASAP. I was about ready to pay cash, but then the local credit union (which my dealer had a relationship with) made a reasonable offer...I believe 1/4 or 3/8 higher than Essex.