PDA

View Full Version : Loose swim platform?

Curtrwall
06-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Today we anchored out at our local sandbar for some R & R. It was beautiful! Except for the fact that it seems there is play in the swim platform, and it beats the living day lights out of you in the boat. BANG BANG BANG! It feel like some it hitting the hull ever time a wave comes by. After the day I inspected the brackets nothing seems out of the ordinary. The slip just seems worn. The pins didn't look to have much play either. Is there some kind of fix for this or does anyone else experience this? Am I just going to have to get used to it? Hah

weist1013
06-08-2014, 08:15 AM
My boat does the same thing. Its normal and if you take all the movement out the swim platform is gonna be hard to get off.

KahunaCraft
06-08-2014, 08:43 AM
I'd take the platform off and inspect the hole that the pins go through, they may be worn out a bit, that could create the 'play' you're speaking of.

I ended up adding three bolts on each bracket with a higher sheer strength to fix it. Makes for folding down for storage a pain, but does fix the problem.

One caveat: my dealer was worried that by changing the weakest point of the platform support, that it could cause other problems... The upward pressure from having the platform 8 inches under water during surfing was the concern.

100 hours of heavy ballast surfing didn't cause any problems.

The new design of the gen2 solves a lot of this, the platform is higher and you don't need to list the boat as far over... Both good things.

jgraham37128
06-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Mine has little spacers that keeps it from doing this. You've either worn them out or misplaced them.

Curtrwall
06-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Jeff d
06-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Get some thin uhmw or hdpe sheet material, cut it to size and glue it to the inboard side of the brackets to take up the slack. Don't make it fit too tight or it might jam in there. Those flexible cutting boards would probably make good shim material.