PDA

View Full Version : Those of you putting your newer style X30 on a boat lift.

atthelake
06-06-2014, 11:41 PM
I am going to prep my lift for my boat and I thought I might as well , hopefully, make it easy on myself.

1/ would the center of balance of my boat (2014 X30) be just behind, in the middle or just ahead of my tower mounts?
2/what width do you have your bunks at? I can see ( by my trailer) two sets of chines I can go by. One set is 35" apart and the other ones are close to 60" apart. My bunks are 13'7" in length (Floe VSD 7500)

Any help would be much appreciated.

atthelake
06-07-2014, 01:03 AM

MC25
06-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Be patient, not everyone is awake right now. Lol. I cant help you, as we dont really do floating lifts down here. We normally just have cradles made to exact specs of the trailer

atthelake
06-07-2014, 01:37 AM
Okay, I'll leave it alone...sigh. :o :D

KahunaCraft
06-07-2014, 05:25 AM
I had mine on what you describe as the narrow setting because that provided better clearance for the lifting cross-bar which is under the bunks.

One thing that went wrong was the bunk itself was on a swivel and it flopped over during a choppy day... The result was lifting on a flipped over bunk which caused a chip in the gel of the hull.

TN X-45
06-07-2014, 07:16 AM
If you call your lift manufacturer/dealer, they can give you the specs based on your boat model.

FourFourty
06-07-2014, 07:54 AM
I have mine set on your wider stance....but you need more depth for that, than the narrow setting. As far as weight balance, It seemed that dead center of the boat was the best, as long as I included the platform in the measurement. That sets the boat about 1.5 feet further forward so the weight of the engine, and heavier rear portion, is compensated for.

atthelake
06-07-2014, 12:50 PM
I had mine on what you describe as the narrow setting because that provided better clearance for the lifting cross-bar which is under the bunks.

One thing that went wrong was the bunk itself was on a swivel and it flopped over during a choppy day... The result was lifting on a flipped over bunk which caused a chip in the gel of the hull.

That sucks. I feel your pain.
Thanks

atthelake
06-07-2014, 01:24 PM
I have mine set on your wider stance....but you need more depth for that, than the narrow setting. As far as weight balance, It seemed that dead center of the boat was the best, as long as I included the platform in the measurement. That sets the boat about 1.5 feet further forward so the weight of the engine, and heavier rear portion, is compensated for.

Cool. I was hoping someone had tried the wide ones. Less stuff ( water suction etc) to hit underneath as well.
Definitely easier measuring.

mikeg205
06-07-2014, 01:40 PM
If you call your lift manufacturer/dealer, they can give you the specs based on your boat model.

+1 - this is the best advice.

atthelake
06-07-2014, 02:15 PM

I'll try Floe. Never really thought they would get that specific.